Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Dismal support for the FJDC DMG League

Quote Originally Posted by MyWereld View Post
    The problem I found with SADPA as a new shooter, the clubs are not named very user friendly, and finding out where, for instance FJDC is, is a real hassle.

Just take this for example: 1151 DPR Gun Club from the SAPDA calendar, just one club I picked at random.
    Where is this? Who do you contact if you want to shoot with them? There is nothing on the internet related to "
    1151 DPR Gun Club".

This has led to me missing quite a few shoots nearby, and IMHO SADPA should have a brief summary of each club on the site, like a club register that you can look up:

• Where is the club range situated
    • Contact details of someone at the club

Just that would lead to me finding much more clubs nearby, even smaller clubs to support, more easily so that I may attend more shoots and leagues.
    There is actually this functionality on the SADPA website. But only iff you are not logged in, there is a link on the left hand menu that opens a list of all clubs, which includes their acronyms. This list can then be searched by a browser search (cntr + s), and that will find for you the club and it's contact details. Sadly, this option and link disappears from your menu once you log on to the site, so it is not available to members, only to visitors.

Weird, but there it is :)

Edit: You can always just bookmark the page so you can refer to it directly (it is a nice and ethical low level hack, and I have tried it without the cookies kicking me, so it is allright) : https://www.sadpa.co.za/clubs.php

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post

Maybe SADPA should ... publicise major matches from League and up better or more aggressively and maybe on a better platform than being use currently.
    That would be grand , would it not?

It is sad as it is a very nice range ran by some excellent people. The handgun league there in April was also poorly attended but was one of the best matches I attended this year.

From JHb it is a 45 minute drive and easy to get to. The range is almost on the bank of the Vaal River. Which for me is a bonus as I can then combine two hobbies in one weekend.

Sadly not shooting DMG yet.

And yes SADPA needs to step up the communication for all matches....that Yahoo group mail is not cutting it anymore.
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

User

A dedicated website for shooting/training events will be nice. Or even a smartphone app..

User

Didn't SADPA exco indicate that with the newest move to different hosting company, that the yahoo group email will be replaced by a more efficient system?

I did not even know about this event.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Would the IPSC level 4 match this weekend not also have pulled away alot of shooters that shoot both sports?

User

On a similar note, last year we seemed spoilt, in terms that there was a Sadpa match at some GP based club just about every weekend in Gauteng area (or at least3 out 4weekends), but lately it seems we have to make a choice on where to shoot, a lot of clubs seem to host their match on the same day as another club is hosting theirs, is this just due to nobody double checking the calendar, politics or economic situation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2