Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Type 56C

Default Type 56C

Hi Guys

Has anyone seen one of these for sale in SA? Norinco Type 56C.

Its a side folder with 11 inch barrel. Officially QBZ56C (although i think that is the military full auto version, not consumer version). Also known as 56-3.

I did see this on FB : https://www.facebook.com/T22IndoorRa...56017237787219, but when i phoned they said they hadn't had 56's in a long time and didn't seem to know what i was talking about, even though the post is from May 8. They say 13 inch here, but google could not find evidence of any 13 inch AKM, or a Norinco 56-2 commando.
    Looking at the picture it looks like a very short barrel, pretty much like the 11 inch 56C.

I could go the std 16 inch barrel, but would really like something that's a bit unique and different, not to mention very portable.

Cheers
    John

User

Default Re: Type 56C

It's an extremely rare bird. You're unlikely to find any in SA, AND if you do you'll pay a premium for it.

User

my question is that the ones that 22 had

were these factory errors that became "sbr's", like the factory went, ah shit, thats not right, chop the barrel make it a carbine?

User

The Dashprod was a short 5.56 Krink from Arsenal. Arsenal makes an intermediate sized AK with a 12.5” barrel in both 5.56 and 7.62. It also has the combination gas block front sight. Has anyone approached Dave Shear about importing those?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    The Dashprod was a short 5.56 Krink from Arsenal. Arsenal makes an intermediate sized AK with a 12.5” barrel in both 5.56 and 7.62. It also has the combination gas block front sight. Has anyone approached Dave Shear about importing those?
    They got too expensive.

User

a arsenal of bulgaria "krink" with wood foregrip in 7.62x39 will set you back about R45K last time i checked

the rebranded 5.56 (dashprod) seems to get a bad wrap, i still want one though

and people seem to not know just how good/valuable those circle 10 (10) mags are

im sure you would texasproud being from the states

User

The Saiga 12.5" Triangle stock side folder is more accessible here in SA. It is a good quality good shooter. It needs the bullet guide to use standard AK mags though. We converted one and it works perfectly.

I have some Circle 10 steel with polymer overmolded mags and find them to be of outstanding quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DS; 13-07-2018 at 09:06.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    The Saiga 12.5" Triangle stock side folder is more accessible here in SA. It is a good quality good shooter. It needs the bullet guide to use standard AK mags though. We converted one and it works perfectly.

I have some Circle 10 steel with polymer overmolded mags and find them to be of outstanding quality.

khumba, you really have some cool stuff!!!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    The quality of the Dashprod was suffice to say, severely lacking. I know of a few examples that had their barrels shot out after a few thousand rounds. IMHO I would steer well clear. Saiga makes an interesting Saiga MK 223 ver.03 which is much better quality AKM.

https://kalashnikov.com/en/product/f...mk_223_03.html

Does anyone know if these are being imported currently? And if so, by whom?

User

Bit of a thread deviation but since it was mentioned, can we set the record straight on the Dashprod once and for all?

Is it a steaming POS? I was really keen on getting one in December.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast