Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Hand grenades...

Hi, anyone know where I can find deactivated grenades???

User

Default Re: Hand grenades...

Don't go there Savage unless you are a registered ammunition collector and have good comms with your local bomb squad guys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Don't go there Savage unless you are a registered ammunition collector and have good comms with your local bomb squad guys.
    Ok, what abt practice grenades??

I picked one up in an open veld in Pta East as a kid. My dad nearly flipped his lid when I presented it to him, I’ll never forget the shock on his face when his brain tried to process what I’m holding. I’m not sure, today, whether it was maybe a practice grenade or what. It was one of my proudest possessions as a schoolboy.

User

Practice grenades, as pictured in the first ad above, are fitted with a live fuse/detonator and can cause serious injury or even death. Do not let the missing "fly-off" lever make you assume it is safe; I know one guy who made that mistake and lost a hand. I'm not sure those are legal to own, even if it has detonated, but I may be wrong.

Out of curiosity: why do you want one?

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Practice grenades, as pictured in the first ad above, are fitted with a live fuse/detonator and can cause serious injury or even death. Do not let the missing "fly-off" lever make you assume it is safe; I know one guy who made that mistake and lost a hand. I'm not sure those are legal to own, even if it has detonated, but I may be wrong.

Out of curiosity: why do you want one?
    I collect R1 cases, only SA manufactured and got a practice 75mm rifle grenade as many a collectors mind works im sure as you research one thing you come across other things that go with the collection.

User

Would have been my prized possesion too....
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I picked one up in an open veld in Pta East as a kid. My dad nearly flipped his lid when I presented it to him, I’ll never forget the shock on his face when his brain tried to process what I’m holding. I’m not sure, today, whether it was maybe a practice grenade or what. It was one of my proudest possessions as a schoolboy.

User

The local practise grenade does not look anything like the HE version (M26). The PRAC version uses the same detonator but it is fitted in a machined aluminium cylinder that is drilled full of holes. The holes serve to vent the explosion of the detonator. With a spent detonator, it would likely still be regarded the same as a deactivated HE version. Without it, it is just a aluminium cylinder with holes...

User

I have seen then online but i never realized what people want for them.... R500-R600!! I paid R80 for my 75mm blue almost perfect rifle grenade last week😄😄😄

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast