Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: License card

User

Default Re: License card

Collecting with the dfo printout is not a rule of thumb as I understand it. It's not illegal as the weapon is rightfully on your name. But the risk of fraudulent activity is on the dealer in doing so. I think its a matter of do they know you and your specific purchase?

User

Quote Originally Posted by taurusarmed View Post
    Collecting with the dfo printout is not a rule of thumb as I understand it. It's not illegal as the weapon is rightfully on your name. But the risk of fraudulent activity is on the dealer in doing so. I think its a matter of do they know you and your specific purchase?
    The dealer can easily confirm by calling the DFO to verify the printout - they all know each other. I only know of two dealers that did this in the past, but both were told they will be shut down if they continue with this practice. Incidentally, both of them still accept s21 printouts without a problem or confirming with the DFO. What’s more the cards can also be duplicated - one batch of cards had such bad quality print that the letters are fuzzy and the prints are skew. But right now as per the dealers I know only cards will do. I spoke to a director of one of the dealers and he said he won’t even get his own FA released by his own shop on a printout alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    Which dealer? I know of two that use to do this but not anymore.
    I will gladly give the dealer name. But I am unsure about the rules of the forum regarding giving the name in a thread.
    If a moderator confirms its fine. I have no problem. This happened in last 2 weeks.

User

My card was printed 11 days after approval. Sent to Kimberley the week after it was printed. Been there for 3 weeks now. They forgot to take cards 2 weeks ago. Last week the protests stopped them from getting our cards. They said they will go today again. My patience has run out.

User

Collected my card last week from Wierdabrug. 6 Weeks from approval to card collection.

How do check if and when your card is printed?

User

Mine was approved on 25 July and the call centre confirmed that it should be with the DFO within 2-3 weeks.
    My dad’s license has been approved in January 2018 but he is still waiting for his card.
    After following up, the DFO stated that the print request was sent to the SAPS printers instead of the government printing works and that they will rectify the print request....
    Apparently this happened in the transition phase when the SAPS changed over to the new printers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2