Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My new Vektor H5

Attached are some pics of my newly acquired 18" barreled Vektor H5 .223 (more or less a pump action version of an R4). It belonged to a security company for a short while but is in superb condition (including the standard Trijicon 4x32 scope). One thing that is missing is part of the sling swivel (see pic); can anybody suggest where I could get the right part? I'm also looking for a 12-round or 5-round magazine (useful when lying prone).

A review in one of the old Magnum magazines said that Vektor were going to offer open sights as an option; has anybody ever seen one with open sights fitted? Alternatively, has anyone fitted military-style iron sights to their H5? I'm also thinking of fitting an R4 flashhider; the barrel diameter at the muzzle = 17mm. Any comments on what thread to cut and where to obtain a flashhider?

I would also really appreciate a copy of an owners manual; I would be willing to pay for it. Please PM me if you own one. I know the disassembly screw (allen head) at the rear of the receiver initiates the disassembly procedure; is there anything difficult/important to watch out for when disassembling/reassembling the rifle?

Thanks!

Vektor H5 rifle sling swivel.jpgVektor H5 rifle 002.jpgVektor H5 rifle 001.jpg

Ive always liked these.

The flash hider thread is 13X1 if I recall.

Try Nobelteq.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

NICE!!! How much did you pay?

User

Congrats on a superb purchase Mfezi. I've always liked these rifles. I had my eye on a short barrelled (?length) a while back which had the flashhider. I have not seen iron sights on any of the H5's I've seen. I'm not nuts about the scope because I was looking for a CQB/3 Gun rifle. AFAIK Nobletech has a fairly substantial supply of parts available. They may well have a manual too. I would love to know WHY people throw the manual away when they buy a firearm?!

User

Wow, never knew there existed a gun like this! How fast could you fire this thing? Looks like a nice rifle to get for SD without having to go dedicated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    How fast could you fire this thing?
    Damn fast! I don't know the fancy name for this (SSP told me) but with the H5 you can hold the trigger down and rack it and it will fire as fast as you can work the action

User

My thoughts are that an H5 will be great for CQB, home or homestead defence.

Mfezi, I can understand getting off single shots when prone, but can one 'rapid fire' the pump action when prone?

User

Just remember the action needs forward momentum to cycle properly.
    If you baby it like a pump shotgun it will jam almost every time.

Thanks for the response guys! I paid R3850 for it but have just seen two sold for R3500 each (Rose's Guns, White River). Everyone who picks it up wants to buy it! I live on an isolated farm bordering an old 'homeland'; the Vektor is quite comforting to have on a dark night...The pump action is VERY fast, not like a normal pump action shotgun. The mechanism springs back by itself. The 35-round mags suit it perfectly but want a shorter 12- or 5-round mag when doing vermin control (the long mags get in the way a bit when lying in ambush...1 or 2 quick shots required only). I haven't done extensive accuracy tests yet but Gregor Woods found them surprisingly accurate (October 1993 Man/Magnum magazine). Anyway, it's a nice toy and will probably become a collectors piece one day (not that I ever intend selling it!).

I have a few hundred new H5 manuals in stock. send me a PM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast