Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vehicle alarms

User

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post
    You do not mention if anything was stolen! The car was obviously not stolen! Stupid question? How do you know the alarm did not go off and the bg ran away?
    What does it matter if anything was stolen?
    How is it relevant to this thread? Reading before commenting also helps.

In fact. Nothing you posted added any value.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    As for the Yaris, if the guys are in the know, so either security installers or car 'enthusiasts' , they might know where the door switch is, and pry something thin enough and small enough between the door and the body and keep this switch pressed down while opening the door?
    Will look if I can find a switch but the door was left open and activated when I closed it so not sure.

TX anyway

Default Re: Vehicle alarms

Older Yaris' did not have factory fitted alarm systems and were therefore targeted.As to how your system was bypassed I am yet to find a reason. Some systems sound via the hooter and others via the horn. I prefer the Autowatch system but it should be fitted as a parallel unit. The hooter is easy to de-activate as they remove the lugs so it does not sound

User

Default Re: Vehicle alarms

If the door was closed only on halfnotch and not fully close, you can depress the doorlever and open the door without alarm going off. The alarm should inform you one of the doors wasn't closed in full. Also check if the door plunger switch is still working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2