Default Leupold Scope Moisture

Good evening to all forum members. I received this scope a couple years ago as a second hand gift. I believe it's a Leupold Vari x if not mistaken.

It has since been on my rifle for about 3 years but lately I've noticed there is moisture & some dust particles inside the scope itself. It has never been submerged in water nor dropped so not exactly sure how this happened.

Will they assist me on a warranty claim to fix this problem?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Leupold Scope Moisture

Yes they should. Leupold scopes carry a transferable life time warranty.

Are you sure it is a legitimate Leupold and not knock off? Find the serial number on the scope, then go check it in the Leupold website (you can register all your Leupold scopes there). If it is a legitimate Leupold there should be no problems sending it back to Leupold via the agents (I think Formalito).

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post

Are you sure it is a legitimate Leupold and not knock off? Find the serial number on the scope, then go check it in the Leupold website (you can register all your Leupold scopes there). If it is a legitimate Leupold there should be no problems sending it back to Leupold via the agents (I think Formalito).
    Buddy of mine picked up a Chinese Mark 4 clone. I warned him. He learned his lesson 3 months later.

User

If it's a genuine Leupold, let your dealer send it back to the factory through Formalito. You will be required to pay shipping from here to the US (one way). 2 of my scopes have been sent for service/repair and came back as good as new. Turn around time was around 3 months.

If it's a chinese knock-off, well, you know the drill...

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post

Thanks for your response, I am 100% sure it's a original Leupold scope. I have used it for years and very happy with it hence why I want to go through the effort to get it sorted out, I was just worried that they wont assist with this type of matter.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    If it's a genuine Leupold, let your dealer send it back to the factory through Formalito. You will be required to pay shipping from here to the US (one way). 2 of my scopes have been sent for service/repair and came back as good as new. Turn around time was around 3 months.

If it's a chinese knock-off, well, you know the drill...
    Hi AR, thanks for your feedback. 3 months isn't that bad considering you will basically be getting a brand new scope once done. So I can take it through to my local dealer and he will do the rest via formalito? Sorry for the question as it's the first time I'm going to be doing something of this sort.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    Hi AR, thanks for your feedback. 3 months isn't that bad considering you will basically be getting a brand new scope once done. So I can take it through to my local dealer and he will do the rest via formalito? Sorry for the question as it's the first time I'm going to be doing something of this sort.
    Yes. Just external scratches were not fixed on mine, but that does not matter to me. They work as intended.

If they can't fix it, they will most likely replace it.

User

No they should. There are many stories where they replaced really old scopes with brand new ones, as the old ones were irreparable.

Send it back and let them sort it out.

Great news, thanks so much for your feedback guys much appreciated.