Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Smile Soon to be gun owner (Hopefully)

Hi All

I'm hoping to learn a lot and get involved on this forum.
    I submitted for my competency on Friday (20/07/2018). I am looking to EDC for self defense as I travel in some really dodge areas for work and have had a few attempted hijackings. I am looking at getting the S&W MP Shield 9mm para. I was originally looking at 3 different sub-compacts namely. S&W MP shield, Ruger LC9s and the Springfield XDS 3.3"

I have shot both the Ruger and shield and much prefer the shield. I unfortunately cannot get my hands on a springfield to try shoot it.

Carrying a FA will be the next step for me in self defense as I have done Martial arts on and off for about 16 years and I currently EDC a Kershaw Tactical Knife.

Once I have my FA I am also wanting to get involved in with a local club and shoot with a few buddy's that already belong to the club. I am also wanting to do a few tactical shooting courses.

Looking forward to getting to know people on this forum.

User

Default Re: Soon to be gun owner (Hopefully)

Welcome.

Don’t forget about the Glocks. The 43 is awesome, extremely reliable and there’s been some great specials on them lately. The 26 is also good bit slightly thicker than the other guns you looking at. Spares, accessories, holsters and magazines (500 for the 43 and 1000 for the shield) are readily available for glocks.

Is there any reason you wouldn’t get something bigger?

Goodluck with your competency. Hope it gets approved soon.

Welcome and good luck with your comp.

User

@ LeftShot
    I had looked at the Glocks and would love to get one but I have one very big concern. I am worried about safety with a Glock as been a female I will be carrying in a belly band as I don't wear belts. I also have a toddler that is always all over me. If you consider these two things and the fact that the Glocks only have a trigger safety I worry about accidental discharge with a Glock.

The reason I am looking at the smaller FA's is I am a smallish female and I am concerned about fully concealing a larger FA.

Banned

Welcome

User

Welcome

User

hi

User

Quote Originally Posted by Alliy48 View Post
    @ LeftShot
    I had looked at the Glocks and would love to get one but I have one very big concern. I am worried about safety with a Glock as been a female I will be carrying in a belly band as I don't wear belts. I also have a toddler that is always all over me. If you consider these two things and the fact that the Glocks only have a trigger safety I worry about accidental discharge with a Glock.

The reason I am looking at the smaller FA's is I am a smallish female and I am concerned about fully concealing a larger FA.
    Thats perfect, a smaller firearm that you carry is superior than the bigger one in the safe.

Glocks are extremely safe and they have 3 safties. Most modern polymer firearms are very safe and an external safty can cause an unnecessary complication when you need it.

A belly band is a good option, but I would suggest a kydex holster or kydex trigger guard to be used in conjunction with any polymer gun you decide to get.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast