Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    isnt the triangular folder mechanism similar?
    No. The type 56-S2 has a proprietary side folder, it's actually quite good, though short one.

The rear trunnion is also proprietary.

Default Re: Norinco Type 56 Folding Stock

The under-folder was made for those guys who shoot from the overhead position while running in the opposite direction...

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Renier...I have a wooden stock,pistol grip and fore-end off a standard type 56. They are off my 56 which i kitted.

No idea as to the compatabillity with your rifle.

Saying AK and wooden stock is being kind...the stock looks like it was crudely fashioned with a blunt axe by a drunk russian using wood from an old pallet.

If you think it is what you are looking for you are welcome to PM me.....woodwork is un used
    Thanks pre 64, I'll pm you.

User

Hi Renier....pictures sent

User

Quote Originally Posted by RenierSA View Post
    Got same one, good luck trying to fit a decent stock.
    mission of note

Renier. Sorry just saw your thread now.

Yes, you can fit the fixed wooden stock or any compatible stock. My 56-2S now has a Magpul Zhukov stock. Best AK stock ever IMHO.

But alternating will not be an option, unless you use an aftermarket folding stock compatible with the AKM rear trunnion required to fit the fixed wooden stock.

Now for the unpleasant part. To change the 56-2S stock, the one piece stock and rear trunnion must be removed - by cutting the rivets holding the "trunnion" end in place. Now you can fit a customised AKM rear trunnion into the hole at the back of the receiver. I say customised because I had mine CNCed from a 3D model of an AKM rear trunnion. It took 4 versions of 3d printed plastic prototypes to get the rivet holes lined up correctly with my 56-2S receiver. Version 4 went off for CNC in steel. The custom trunnion was then case hardened and blued before final fitting.

It wasn't cheap (relative to the cost of a 56), but well worth the time and effort. I'd happily do it all again.

If you would like the v4 model, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it. But I strongly recommend that you first have it 3d printed for test fitting. Of course, to do that you have to commit and cut the rivets abd remove the factory stock first.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

Plastic prototype with Zhukov stock
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    A-R the 56-1 is not that bad at all to shoot properly. A bit if cement in your coffee boet!
    some vodka in that coffee

or in this case baijiu
    It was posted with tongue firmly in cheek, but I must admit to hating that kind of stock. Having learned to use cheek weld when aiming a rifle, I now struggle with this type of "support".

With the side folder, if you cut off the stock just behind the hinge and weld on an adaptor (easily turned on a lathe) to take an AR15/M4 type telescopic stock, you have a very useable setup. A Magpul Zhukov would be first prize, but it not so easy to make it fit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    It was posted with tongue firmly in cheek, but I must admit to hating that kind of stock. Having learned to use cheek weld when aiming a rifle, I now struggle with this type of "support".

With the side folder, if you cut off the stock just behind the hinge and weld on an adaptor (easily turned on a lathe) to take an AR15/M4 type telescopic stock, you have a very useable setup. A Magpul Zhukov would be first prize, but it not so easy to make it fit.

i like the magpul, but i must admit when i handled one it didnt scream durability

the cnc warrior stocks have a metal galil style hinge i prefer

User

i like the magpul, but i must admit when i handled one it didnt scream durability

the cnc warrior stocks have a metal galil style hinge i prefer
    The Warrior hinge is quite superior to the Galil type in my view.
    https://www.gunwarrior.co.za/accessories

However, that will not help much with the T56, as it already has a hinge permanently attached to the rear trunion. The hinge on the T56 side folder looks quite sturdy (well, compared to the rest of the gun anyway), so I would retain that and just replace everything behind the hinge. That would keep the folding ability and keep the cost manageable. Spending R10k to accesorize a R7k rifle does not appeal to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast