Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JOJO owl boxes

Default JOJO owl boxes

Morning

We would like to put up a few owl boxes in our area. The JOJO ones look good, and being plastic it would be easier to clean and maintain. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere? Or perhaps know what they cost? JOJO directed me to Builders warehouse saying they could put in a special order. I tried, no joy. They don't answer their phones

User

Default Re: JOJO owl boxes

Best bet would be to speak to the manager in person at the store.

I haven't used jojo boxes but would like to, keep having bees move into the owl boxes instead of the hives and catch boxes set up for them. Go figure.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Morning

We would like to put up a few owl boxes in our area. The JOJO ones look good, and being plastic it would be easier to clean and maintain. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere? Or perhaps know what they cost? JOJO directed me to Builders warehouse saying they could put in a special order. I tried, no joy. They don't answer their phones
    Get in touch with Owl Rescue Centre on Facebook. They make owl boxes from recycled plastic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    keep having bees move into the owl boxes instead of the hives and catch boxes set up for them. Go figure.
    One way to get rid of bees is to make the roof or sidepanel removable. Ive installed big speakers in my braai and the bees moved in 3 days later. Smoke, chlorine and all other tricks didnt work. So I removed the sidepanel one evening when the bees are not so active. exposing a bigger part than the opening. @ days later the bees was gone. About 2 months later the bees was back. I repeat the removal of the side and then they never returned.

Same happened with a family member owl box. We unscrew the sidepanel (homemade owl box) ti leave a nice opening for the cold to enter and the bees left permanently

User

Contact the Owl Box Project people. here's a little thing I did with them-

User

As an aside, maybe try getting one of the Build It Stores to order in for you, as JoJo is one of their suppliers.

My wife & I rescued a juvenile barn owl about a month ago. Such a majestic creature was awesome to watch if fly off when we released it.

Managed to get hold of a few jojo ones through Builders. Now I need to do some homework about the correct location for them

im super keen to give owl box a try but is there i guide for how they need to be mounted

User

this is from their website

http://www.owlrescuecentre.org.za/Our-Projects/
    We offer to install your Owl House for free, but there is a waiting period for far-away installations. This is mostly dependent on the number of orders per area. Once we have enough orders to cover the travel expenses for a specific area, a date is set, and our installation team is sent on the journey - our installation team travel country-wide.
    Alternatively, we will courier the Owl House to you (also free of charge) with instructions on how to install it yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast