Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Makooza6 View Post
    Went through the appeal process by myself they strongly believe they have 90 or 90 working days depending on who you speak to. Not once did they admit or believe it to be 66 or even 66 consecutive days.

Mine took over 120 consecutive days from registered letter to approval SMS (Card took a further 40 consecutive days).

They don't know anything about 66 ordinary days as per my 4 months of experience with all of the departments of appeals board.
    They don’t get to make law.

User

Default Re: Blanket refusals at CFR?

I have seen a lot of refusals for totally rediculous reasons recently. That is where the reasons were supplied, often after lots of effort just to get the reasons.

All of the appeals were upheld.

The FCA (and regs) specifies how a refusal must be handled and that includes the supply of reasons without dealy. If they did not supply the reasons in writing as specified in the FCA, I would appeal it stating "refused without supplying reason".

Yes, do get a gun savvy lawyer to handle your appeals. The GOSA legal team (FDD) or Martin Hood are the logical choices, but there may be other similarly capable options.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    They don’t get to make law.
    Was trying to say from lots of communication with alot of them at the appeals department they aren't even aware of the law.

Just my hard earned 2c based on my own recent appeal saga.

Yes the Act states 66 days for finalisation of an appeal with a further 14 for notification. The "letter of the law" implies calendar days, but as with any timeframe CFR have taken to interpret these as working days.

I submitted my appeal 1 Feb via email, courier and registered mail. I only received the acknowledgement sms on 13 Feb. The status changed to "consideration" or "pending consideration" on 19 Feb. Their system only started counting from this date.

After some concerted nagging, and some assistance from Annette initially, I was finally informed that my appeal was physically before the board around the 100 working day mark.

On roughly working day 114 (30 July), I got a request couched as an ultimatum to provide updated membership documentation as those included had lapsed (hardly suprising given my app went in on 6 Nov 2017 originally). I complied within an hour, and yesterday morning I got a sms for appeal upheld and, roughly 5 hours later, another for app approved.

While I did my own appeal - easy enough to refute "failed to convince" why I can't use a 7.62x39 in a rimfire/PCC division, when I'd done precisely that in 12 separate places in my motivation - I also strongly recommend getting an appropriate attorney involved in chasing up the process. But be prepared to follow through, all the way to review if need be. If I had followed Annette's advice and done this last step, my saga would probably have ended much sooner, with CFR being compelled to finalise my appeal.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

This is not surprising. The whole aim of all of the drama since new FCA came in to working was to disarm the public. The strategy is to make it as difficult as possible, in the hope that you would just give up on your new acquisition or hand in your existing firearm instead of going through re-licencing.

This expired licence business was seen as the ideal opportunity to get 300,000-400,000 firearms out of the public hands, without any blame pointing at government because after all, you did not comply with the FCA and your licence expired, so its your own fault.

But now with the concourt case and GOSA winning ground the scenario changes.
    Did I think they were going to roll over and concede defeit? no way. So what are they going to do now? What's their next strategy?

So to get to the point of this thread: They will just blanket refuse everything, escpecially the applications for late renewals (if the rumoured amnesty allows for this).

User

Hi Johan696. Welcome to the forum. Please post an intro here http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/foru...-Introductions

Blanket refusals are sadly not a recent development. And while making the process difficult may be to the liking of some bigwigs with other agendas (and who may try to use it to further those aims from time to time), the basic structure of the CFR and FCA was, and is, more of an exercise in bungling bureaucracy than a serious attempt at disarmament.

My fear if I simply reapply is that after another 3 mo th wait they simply refuse again

User

It seems Martin Hood is up to something, check it out https://www.facebook.com/groups/mjho...2051688820722/

User

Quote Originally Posted by ramius35 View Post
    Something fishy here... Helped an uncle with a section 15 application for a Clock 19 and they (CFR) refused it on the grounds that he was not a member of a sport-shooting association...
    They've been doing this for a while. Assholes! There is no requirement stipulated in the act around this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2