Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blanket refusals at CFR?

Hi all.
    I am a collector with SAAACA and am with NHSA as well. In the past 80 or so guns I have licensed I have had zero problems.
    The last batch three went in together and one a little later. I heard from my DFO that the one pistol under SAAACA was refused because the collectors did not endorse my motivation. This is false as the DFO clearly remembers my motivations being attached. I know her well cause of the volume of applications I have done with her. Now after enquiring i have found the other two of the original 3 that went in together were both refused as well. I am waiting for the reason. But this is unheard of for me. I motivate maticulously and used to be the secretary for the eastern Cape chapter. So i was the one endorsing the applications. There is zero fault with my applications and motivations and in addition they were endorsed by the chairperson himself when I submitted my applications to him personally.

So my question is? Is this a new thing where they are just blanket refusing on invalid reasons just to be able to refuse. Do i get Martin Hood involved at this stage or do i go through the entire application again for all three and hope they dont blanket refuse me with a total lie as to the reason for refusal?

User

Default Re: Blanket refusals at CFR?

Something fishy here... Helped an uncle with a section 15 application for a Clock 19 and they (CFR) refused it on the grounds that he was not a member of a sport-shooting association...

User

I have seen a lot of refusals for totally rediculous reasons recently. That is where the reasons were supplied, often after lots of effort just to get the reasons.

All of the appeals were upheld.

The FCA (and regs) specifies how a refusal must be handled and that includes the supply of reasons without dealy. If they did not supply the reasons in writing as specified in the FCA, I would appeal it stating "refused without supplying reason".

Yes, do get a gun savvy lawyer to handle your appeals. The GOSA legal team (FDD) or Martin Hood are the logical choices, but there may be other similarly capable options.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ramius35 View Post
    Something fishy here... Helped an uncle with a section 15 application for a Clock 19 and they (CFR) refused it on the grounds that he was not a member of a sport-shooting association...
    They've been doing this for a while. Assholes! There is no requirement stipulated in the act around this.

User

Get an attorney to assist with your appeals

What Big T said.

I have had what looks to a blanket refusal and, even though I am in the law, I have referred it to an attorney.

"The attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client" after all...

Yes was thinking Martin Hood. But I dont want to wait the huge time lapse that the appeals is apparently taking. Was hoping that Mr. Hood on good grounds could persuade them to overturn the refused outcome. But that just may be me being naive

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Yes was thinking Martin Hood. But I dont want to wait the huge time lapse that the appeals is apparently taking. Was hoping that Mr. Hood on good grounds could persuade them to overturn the refused outcome. But that just may be me being naive
    Appel is much faster than re application. should be done in a month IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Wishful thinking. Once a state official has taken a decision he is functus officio.

Appeal.

They have 66 ordinary days.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Wishful thinking. Once a state official has taken a decision he is functus officio.

Appeal.

They have 66 ordinary days.

Went through the appeal process by myself they strongly believe they have 90 or 90 working days depending on who you speak to. Not once did they admit or believe it to be 66 or even 66 consecutive days.

Mine took over 120 consecutive days from registered letter to approval SMS (Card took a further 40 consecutive days).

They don't know anything about 66 ordinary days as per my 4 months of experience with all of the departments of appeals board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast