Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    3, 4, 2, in that order.

It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but while "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil..." is nice and all, your responsibility is to you and yours, and not strangers who neglected to prepare for their own safety and security.
    Being arrested and charged could also happen to you, with a potentially expensive amount of legal action after that.

User

Default Re: My near close encounter at Woolworths yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    My only advice... rather go to the Woolies in Meyersdal, much better selection
    Better selection of stuff to shoplift?
    Better selection of shoplifters?
    Better selection of near close encounters?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    3, 4, 2, in that order.
    I concur.

My #1 rule is, stay away from trouble unless trouble comes to you.
    Then if trouble does come to you, calculation of risk of fight or flight is important.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Better selection of stuff to shoplift?
    Better selection of shoplifters?
    Better selection of near close encounters?

well if I’m honest better selection of customers. There is a ladies only gym across the parking.

User

well if I’m honest better selection of customers. There is a ladies only gym across the parking.
    Now there's a decent explanation!

User

Alterior motive and a very good one.

User

You guys are so easily distracted...

Also consider that when a shop robbery takes place u are dealing with multiple armed perps. Rushing to engage you are going to face multiple targets with any number of innocent bystanders in the way. Lets say u are a world champ shooter and drop 7 guys in 5 seconds and remaining 3 are running for exit. In the commotion the runners are shooting as they make their exit and innocent bystanders are shot and killed. You could find yourself in trouble as u escalated the level of force. Had u not intervened they would likely hav taken what they wanted and left.

Also consider that if the perps had the balls to hit a supermarket they would hav planned it. That could involve sending in scouts ahead of time who could end up shooting u in the back when u take on the obvious threats.

Best course of action is to make your way into storage area in the back where u can take up a defensive position. They are not there to engage in a protracted gunfight. Also consider that this course of action will box u in. Their MO is in and out with maximum force and aggression. If they go for you it's another story. If they start taking out customers it's another story. Hope u or I are never in such a situation.

It's really good that u are thinking about this so u hav a plan ahead of time. Need multiple plans for multiple scenarios, such as if u hav a home invasion. Who else is in the home. Hav u got a safe room. Is your family prepared. First thing they gonna do is demand u tell them where the safe is. Is your family on same page to deny there is a safe. Is the safe hidden or in an obvious place like main bedroom cupboard. U see where I am going with this.

The worst thing ever is to start trying to work out a plan when paw paw is hitting the fan.

And make it part of your EDC to carry spare mags.

User

A few years ago having coffee in The Zone in Rosebank, not 10 meters away a CIT guy was shot and the cash box taken, my first reaction was to draw, thank God I didn't, there was much screaming and shouting going on when I noticesed two "Gentlemen" at the table behind me had firearms in hand and ran off with the shooter (robber), lesson learned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast