User

Default Sightron or Vortex for PRS

Hi All,

Want to get started in PRS matches in the Tactical Division. Recently took possession of my Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 7.62x51. Still contemplating between a Warrior Gen4 chassis or the Magpul Hunter stock.

Question: I have a 20K glass budget. Scope to have a lifetime warranty, FFP, MOA, exposed turrets and illuminated reticle.

SIGHTRON SIII SS 6-24x50 (@ R18300) or VORTEX VIPER PST Gen2 5-25x50 (@ R21500).

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Law.

User

Default Re: Sightron or Vortex for PRS

I have a Sightron, have shot with mate's Gen 2 PST. The biggest difference is the reticle IMHO. Both reticles are great at higher magnification levels, but become quite thin below 10x. If you need to dial magnification down for wider FOW and quick target acquisition, the thicker outside bars on the PST reticle help a lot to find the centre. PST is also 1MOA per hash, where S3 is 2MOA.

Glass quality to me is similar, turrets both good, zero stop on PST. I think the newer Sightrons will have a zero stop from the factory as well. Mine has a aftermarket mod for a Zero stop. I would probably go with the PST, because of the reticle.

User

Many thanks.

Check out lynx lx3 2.5-15x 50
    Illuminated
    Tactical reticle

Got it for 11k

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User

Both the above scopes get reviewed along side the Delta Stryker series, and the Delta seems to be the favourite.

I am with Brick wall on the Lx3.

Between 2 on top. Vortex has better after sale as far as ive heard from owners.
    Sightron less.

Remember if you go online and look at reviews its from US. Where they dont have issues when something goes wrong to repair.
    Were in SA. Not the same here. Thats why personally stick with Lynx. As I know im sorted no matter what.
    Or whatever happens to importer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeOfWar View Post
    Both the above scopes get reviewed along side the Delta Stryker series, and the Delta seems to be the favourite.
    Is the Delta Stryker not a few thousand Rand more than both the OP's scope options?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of something else.

User

Thanks gents