Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Newbie suppressor questions

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    LL The mods here are also shit , so please pop into our introduction section and say hi
    Done, sir! http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...39#post1272439

User

Some personal feedback for the OP, after my first time with my new Saimaa Still QD suppressor.

After 20 rounds, fired over a few minutes, the suppressor was nearly too hot to remove with a bare hand.

I had to wait a few minutes before I could.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Some personal feedback for the OP, after my first time with my new Saimaa Still QD suppressor.

After 20 rounds, fired over a few minutes, the suppressor was nearly too hot to remove with a bare hand.

I had to wait a few minutes before I could.
    The same is said for the ASE, on my ex-553 with shorter barrel would get hotter compared to on my longer barreled DD.

What’s important to note, with the borelock system on ASE, the suppressor does not get loose as I experienced on my LM with a locally supplied suppressor after a mag dump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback and info,

i decided that there will only be one way to get over this and be sure, so....... range time,
    i ran one mag with 3-4 round bursts with 2-3 seconds waiting between bursts, then another mag with 10 round bursts (3second waiting between) and a final mag with 5 round bursts with 3seconds waiting between again,

end result was a really hot barrel and even hotter silencer, silencer had some smoke coming off it but nothing to serious.

Looking at some youtube videos afterwards, i realized that +-100 rounds in +-100s is not really anything major, but at least i feel better afterwards, so on to the next issue, cleaning silencers, ;-)
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2