User

Default Howa Action Dimensions

Hey guys,

Is there any chance that someone with a Howa Short Action rifle measure the dimensions of the action as annotated below? Alternately, if someone has a 3d model of the action that would be ideal. Virtual beers are on offer

I'm working on designing a chassis while I wait for my rifle and the dimensions below are my sticking point at the moment so your help would be massively appreciated.

A: Distance Between Mounting Holes, Center to Center
    B: Distance between the bottom of the rear mounting lug to the lowest point of the trigger mechanism, expluding trigger
    C: Depth the recoil lug extends below the flat base of the action
    D: Distance between the center of the rear mounting hole to the rear of the bolt when fully open.
    E: Width of the action as seen from the top
    F: The width of the recoil lug

Please could you note your method of measurement as well. I just need to be able to gauge measurement accuracy. The only ones where accuracy is vital are A and E.

image.jpg

Cheers,
    Primo

User

Default Re: Howa Action Dimensions

I'm going away for the weekend, but I'll have a go early next week if you don't come right by then. I have a micrometer and caliper, but measuring 'from the center of a hole' isn't exactly precise for me without a half rod of the correct diameter, unless I'm forgetting a trick from my metal work days. Logically I'd rather measure from edge to edge, and hole diameters I guess.

User

Default Re: Howa Action Dimensions

Thanks Arm505, that would be perfect!