User

Default Bushnell's new TRS 26

The venerable TRS 25 finally has a successor in the TRS 26.

The TRS 26 was announced at Shot Show 2018 but has just now been added to the line up on Bushnell's website.

Not a lot of reviews floating around yet but if it's got the DNA of the TRS 25 then it's got a good start!

Biggest changes:-
    Stated battery life of 50 000 hours
    Dials have been replaced by a push-button system.

http://riflescopescenter.com/bushnell-trs-26-review/

https://bushnell.com/Products/Red-Do...t/?sku=AR71XRD

Default Re: Bushnell's new TRS 26

For discussion purposes;

I have a friend who loves the Bushnell TRS25 and then another mate who stands by Vortex optics (Spark AR).

Personally, I’m a Trijicon and Aimpoint follower, but these brands are obviously more costly and don’t suite everyone’s needs.

The question is, in the realm of Bushnell and Vortex, the warranty offered by Vortex is so incredible, and on such basis, I can’t see why anyone would buy a Bushnell RDS over Vortex? They in a similar price bracket.

User

I have a TRS 25 and it is amazing, but the TRS 26 looks like a proper upgrade

User

When I was looking for an optic for the 15-22 the TRS25 time and again came up as the number one recommendation.

If the sales literature is to be believed the TRS26 is even more rugged than its predecessor. It certainly looks the part based on some images that's out there.

As for why people choose it over others - personal preference. That's just how us humans work.

http://www.bushnell.com/Products/Red...t/?sku=AR71XRD

The Bushnell AR Optics TRS-26 Red Dot goes beyond its historic predecessor with improvements in several key areas. The TRS-26 is powered by a long-lasting battery that sets the industry standard with more than 50,000 hours of battery life. It delivers a brighter, crisper 3-MOA dot with push-button operation in a compact package. The Bushnell AR Optics TRS-26 is the standard for multipurpose red dots.
    • Waterproof Construction - O-ring sealed optics stay dry inside, even when totally immersed in water.
    • Shockproof construction - Built to withstand bumps, bangs, drops and the rough-and-tumble environment of the field.
    • Nitrogen Purged Fog-Proofing - Nitrogen inside the scope ensures interior optical surfaces won’t fog due to humidity or rapid temperature change.

User

The battery life of the 26 is a huge plus!

User

One year later:- has anyone seen these in stores locally?

I've not seen it anywhere.