Thread: Malfunctions

Default Malfunctions

I didn’t want to post this in any other thread because I thought it would be a lot better suited to have it’s own. It would also be interesting what weird things have happened to anyone else’s ammunition

The below ammo was factory 9mm Maxxtech and was shot out of a CZ 75B. Two of the cases split today at the range but only one was picked up. In The one photo you can see the crack is completely through the shell. It’s quite scary to think about how much worse this could have ended...
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: Malfunctions

Worst ammo ever, I have a thread going on those in my CZ 75B
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ga-Slide-Stuck

Crap I didn’t see that thread, should I remove this one? And the 75s normally handle any ammo so this stuff must be bad

User

My thread title wasn't very descriptive as I didn't know what the problem was until after a few people posted stuff

User

Maxxtech sucks. The issues are not worth the price.
    I added them to my "Do not shoot these unless you like malfunctions or failures" list which also includes Diplopoint/Nobleteq/NGA (and possibly the Sig Value FMJ ammo, a few customer reviews shows their quality isn't great).

Never had a serious malfunction or failure thankfully, just a couple common ones on my G26 Gen 4 that are likely ammo related - a two light strikes and two failures to eject all in the same batch of ammo.

Weirdest malfunction was when my grip loosened during rapid fire on my G26 Gen 4 and my middle finger slid up under recoil and pressed my extended mag release on my G26 Gen 4 during firing.
    I was using a 15rd G19 mag in it at the time, so I still retained the mag since my hand was holding it but I could feel it wasn't correctly seated and could see it didn't eject properly.
    Now I'm back to the normal mag catch + new mag release spring and will just adjust my grip more so my short thumb can reach it consistently.

User

Maxxtech is junk. My P07 doesn't like it. My mates glock doesn't do much better.
    You can get s&b , fiocchi, etc etc for like R20 more.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Maxxtech is junk. My P07 doesn't like it. My mates glock doesn't do much better.
    You can get s&b , fiocchi, etc etc for like R20 more.
    Exactly my thoughts. It’s not worth the risk if you can get a higher quality ammo for only R20 more (and get to use the brass for reloading).

As a side note, how do you like the P07 Zguy? And are there any holsters that you could recommend for when I get mine?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SlimA View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. It’s not worth the risk if you can get a higher quality ammo for only R20 more (and get to use the brass for reloading).

As a side note, how do you like the P07 Zguy? And are there any holsters that you could recommend for when I get mine?
    I like the p07. Really nice gun. I had a faulty part, but the agents sorted it out in one day.

I have an army ant gear holster at the moment. But there are a number of local made holsters that are awesome. Carter custom, Daniel holsters, Ross, etc etc. Imported holsters like mtac are popular.