Thread: Please assist

User

Default Please assist

Hi Guys...i phoned the firearm center today. They said my licence has been temporally approved...and its waiting for final approval....im not sure if thats good news or not...can someone maybe help me understand
    Many Thanks

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Please assist

My 12G has been on that since the 03/08/18

Haven't experienced it before

Long story but the short version is: I had the same issue about a year ago after 8 months of backwards and forwards with calls to the DFO and CFR including a reapplication. It turn out, or as it was explained to me is that it I was trying to licence a rifle as a Section 15 (Hunting) (have no section 15 licences on my name) with more than 4 licences already on Section 16 (Sport) therefore only option I have is to register it as a Section 16...... Makes no sense to me, but the officer I eventual got hold of was extremely helpful and sorted it out over the phone, I got the card printed and in my hand a week after that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bohler View Post
    Long story but the short version is: I had the same issue about a year ago after 8 months of backwards and forwards with calls to the DFO and CFR including a reapplication. It turn out, or as it was explained to me is that it I was trying to licence a rifle as a Section 15 (Hunting) (have no section 15 licences on my name) with more than 4 licences already on Section 16 (Sport) therefore only option I have is to register it as a Section 16...... Makes no sense to me, but the officer I eventual got hold of was extremely helpful and sorted it out over the phone, I got the card printed and in my hand a week after that.
    yet sect 16 has no limit?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Makooza6 View Post
    My 12G has been on that since the 03/08/18

Haven't experienced it before
    Mine has been approved today recieved sms 13/08/18

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If I understood it sometime back with another application. The staff in CFR will go through your stuff. Make sure everything in order and correct. It then merely goes to a Col of that province. Who signs it off. Reckon they mean the first part was done and in order. Just waiting for a signature.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    yet sect 16 has no limit?
    It seems that they assumed that if you have 4 sec16 licences, they can limit your sec15 ones.