Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Which Silencer to buy?

hi

Any recommendations for a silencer for Norinco type 56?

TIA

Banned

Or recommendations for a silencer for an AR15

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    hi

Any recommendations for a silencer for Norinco type 56?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Or recommendations for a silencer for an AR15
    SAAIMA STILL or ASE UTRA.

Both are full auto rated.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Banned

Let me rephrase that, any recommendations for a suppressor that doesn't cost more than half the price of an AR15?

User

Alright, reviving this as it's the latest one I could find on the topic. I'm looking for a silencer for my .30-06. Price should be around R2,000, including fitment, if possible. That will keep me in my budget. So far I've found the Silent Hunter Hunt Buddy 180, which I quite like, but I have no idea how much recoil it'll take away. It's DAMN cheap, at R950. Threading can be done in Pretoria by Danie Joubert (IIRC) for R850 including thread cap.

For me, my primary focus for the silencer - reducing the recoil. Muzzle brake is not an option because range etiquette. I don't want to be "that asshole over there".

I've also seen the Silent Striker ones, at R2,500 including fitment and thread cap, and they have a "built in muzzle brake", but I have no idea how much of that is true and how much is just sales mumbo jumbo. Is there anyone with some actual info on this topic who can help me out?

Rather safe up and get a decent make and silencer. I honestly cant see how a silencer made at that price will have good baffle system nor will last the pressures over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Alright, reviving this as it's the latest one I could find on the topic. I'm looking for a silencer for my .30-06. Price should be around R2,000, including fitment, if possible. That will keep me in my budget. So far I've found the Silent Hunter Hunt Buddy 180, which I quite like, but I have no idea how much recoil it'll take away. It's DAMN cheap, at R950. Threading can be done in Pretoria by Danie Joubert (IIRC) for R850 including thread cap.

For me, my primary focus for the silencer - reducing the recoil. Muzzle brake is not an option because range etiquette. I don't want to be "that asshole over there".

I've also seen the Silent Striker ones, at R2,500 including fitment and thread cap, and they have a "built in muzzle brake", but I have no idea how much of that is true and how much is just sales mumbo jumbo. Is there anyone with some actual info on this topic who can help me out?
    Closed front muzzle brakes, inside the can, help protect the blast baffle against flame erosion especially where aluminum is used for baffle material.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Well those Hunt Buddy silencers have been getting rave reviews for the past few years already. And someone offered me one just one, the Reflex design from them, for R700 including shipping. Damn, it's hard making choices. That price will put me solidly into my budget and give me some spare change for ammo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Closed front muzzle brakes, inside the can, help protect the blast baffle against flame erosion especially where aluminum is used for baffle material.
    This makes sense. So for all-steel silencers it's not so much of a thing then, I take it?

Aluminium Silencer on a rifle? Airrifles yes. Large caliber rifles I wont trust it to last.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast