User

Default Silencing the Ruger

Quick poll:

Is it complete sacrilege to put a suppressor on a falling block? The FA will be used on pigs, jackal and for culling mainly. Also putting on a new recoil pad, as soon as I find a decent one...

User

Default Re: Silencing the Ruger

This would totally depend on the model. If you have a No1 Varmint, by all means mount the supressor. Might not be easy, as the action will not likely fit into any lathe. If the lathe has a short headstock, the barrel might fit through with the action sitting outside. If this is not possible, the barrel will have to be screwed out of the action.

If you happen to own a full stocked version, just forget it. I will happily take the rifle off your hands.

The sporter version would also look very ugly with a supressor and a (re)moved front sight. Not really something I would recommend.

You would likely be much better off selling the Ruger to someone who can appreciate it's unmolested classic styling and buy a "normal" bolt action rifle like a Howa or Ruger American and mount the supressor on that.

User

Nice try, A-R, I wouldn't part with her for the world :P I might still do it and see what I come up with... Eventually she will be re-barreled to a 7mm mauser, so I don't feel too bad throwing a suppressor on now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Nice try, A-R, I wouldn't part with her for the world :P I might still do it and see what I come up with... Eventually she will be re-barreled to a 7mm mauser, so I don't feel too bad throwing a suppressor on now.
    What model and calibre do you have?