Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Proof of residence

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    Just put in a Telkom Invoice (Stating your name and address)
    I did this, and since I received it via email it was not accepted.
    Wrote an affidavit stating that I refuse to receive statement via post as the PO is slow and attached the printed statement.

Banned

I know sometimes the queue at the Telkom shop is very long. Go the the nearest Telkom shop and let them print an invoice or if you have a quality printer, print the invoice out in colour. (They excepted all my applications with this)

User

I have always used printed copies (black and white) of statements recieved by email for all my apps... Never had a problem

Not that I would suggest doing this, but for research purposes, you could make 2 copies and have the charge office certify the 1 as a copy of the other and then submit a certified copy
    :)

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    I have always used printed copies (black and white) of statements recieved by email for all my apps... Never had a problem

Not that I would suggest doing this, but for research purposes, you could make 2 copies and have the charge office certify the 1 as a copy of the other and then submit a certified copy
    :)

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    That is what I tried to do, however, I did not want to get into an argument with the constable who said they cannot use printed documents to certify copies. So I just did the affidavit and handed it in

User

I've used a lease agreement for 5 apps and it was fine. Also for FICA purposes at many institutions

User

I am also renting my property. The easiest way I found is not to deal with the landlord at all, but to go to your Ward Counsellor and get a letter from him. That has been accepted for Fica purposes as well. Easy as pie.

User

Cheers,
    Thanks

User

FYI, I handed my application in to my DFO with a copy of my lease agreement as proof of address and had a chat with her regarding this. My DFO's reply to this is that 'they' require the proof of address so that applicants from other area's don't try submitting applications just anywhere.
    As she put it 'Giving us other people's work'

Cheers
    Vin26

User

I only send along my POR when doing a residence change, ie from moving.
    They accepted my lease agreement without issue.

User

I am busy submitting a new application and apparently it is a new thing since August that all apps must have proof of residence.
    Btw the guy that was also trying to submit was sent away for a proof of residence and then when he came back they sent him away because his photo of his safe was not of an open safe showing the inside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2