Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default betrayal of gun owners?

So we understand that the leaders of the PFTC and the ITA have gone to SAPS and told them that they, the PFTC, think that gun owners should be required to undergo retraining every five years to maintain their purchased possessions.
    Lets think about this, the organizations that benefit financially from this additional requirement is the same organization that is running to SAPS to say that they the PFTC and ITA, must be given another opportunity to charge the customer. So now... we as gun owners pay PFTC and the ITA initially when we do our competency, then they want the police to compel us to be on the hook every 5 years to pay them more money to do some refresher training.
    What’s more these self same people also want ALL dedicated sports shooters, hunters etc to now undergo business competency training to have DSS status, notwithstanding that this is not in the act and means, yet again that the PFTC will up their earnings as we gun owners are forced to pay more and be required to dance to even more requirements from SAPS..
    I find this opportunism of the PFTC in taking advantage of the concessions won by GOSA in court to try and facilitate more control to the SAPS as odius as GFSA’s dancing on the graves of crime victims to further their agenda.
    I would hope that every member of GOSA, an organization dedicated to standing up for the rights of firearms joins me in feeling this outrage and utter disgust at these actions.
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Default Re: betrayal of gun owners?

They can get f*cked. Why would we require retraining every five years? Do they think that I've forgotten what I learnt from doing their training along with everything else I've learnt over the past five years?
    I hope GOSA gives tells them where to get off

User

Hard to see this as anything other than a money-making scheme. As if there aren't enough hoops to jump through already. Ridiculous!

Do we even know if this is, in fact, true?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

This is a very serious accusation.

Perhaps PFTC and ITA can clear this all up?

User

According to Paul Oxley GOSA found out via a third party and it was confirmed by PFTC chairperson before going public.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

The PFTC are not on the side of Pro gun , law abiding people. They are an extension and reflection of the way in which the government do things is RSA. Financial hurdles are a sure way to disarm or keep law abiding from arming themselves.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post
    According to Paul Oxley GOSA found out via a third party and it was confirmed by PFTC chairperson before going public.
    What a good idea...perhaps we should also retake our driver's licence every five years, sit an exam before renewing our TV licences/PO Boxes and pass a Consumer Test before we are allowed to shop at Pick and Pay. WTF !

User

The below info was just shared on the GOSA facebook group :

Official statement from the PFTC

The parliamentary portfolio committee on police approached a number of industry stakeholders and interest groups to attend a committee meeting scheduled for today. Some of the stakeholders were asked to prepare a presentation and present it to the committee. The topic of discussion: Challenges in Firearms Licensing and Regulation Environment.

It is our understanding that it was intended that these presentations would result in robust discussions and useful considerations. As the quality assurer for the firearms training industry, PFTC would like to contribute to finding workable solutions and clarity around competency requirements. Our presentation contained several identified areas of concern with possible or recommended solutions that could be considered.

PFTC has always and will always engage with stakeholders and other interest groups before the implementation of any new requirements or regulations that may need to be implemented in the future. This is the same for GOSA, and we will continue to engage with all relevant parties in the industry to determine fair and reasonable processes going forward that take the industry and firearm owner into consideration from a time, cost and convenience perspective.

PFTC has not presented or held any meetings with the SAPS with regards to the presentation, which was sent in advance to the secretary of the portfolio committee, as requested. The portfolio committee has cancelled this meeting and like everybody else, we are now waiting to see what the future holds. Nothing has been finalised or discussed with the committee (as far as we know) or with any of the organisations or lobby groups that would have attended this meeting. We will continue to keep stakeholders abreast of developments as they arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The below info was just shared on the GOSA facebook group :
    So its true then?

There is no other explanation than that this is simply to make more money for themselves by getting the law to require their services every five years, adding more complexity and cost to an already expensive activity, and more opportunity for the SAPS to begin rejecting competencies, and setting the entire thing back 18 years.

I cannot say with any confidence that PFTC belongs in the firearm community

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast