Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: betrayal of gun owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Big John2 View Post
    Think back to the black powder situation, their training was available the the day the regulations were announced.
    You picked that up. The rot is deep.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Name some names... who is the PFTC?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Name some names... who is the PFTC?
    http://www.pftc.co.za/m.index.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Very disappointing news ! Money making scheme !

User

Indulge me please..let's go back, right to the beginning, to where PFTC started - can somebody explain how they became the de facto gods of our firearms world? Are they even gazetted in law before parliament (or whatever the process is, to make oneself the chief-in-charge)?

Just because the Commish from how-many-years-ago agreed they could be the standards body, does that put them beyond the scope of being vetted and determining if they even have a relevant purpose today?

It perplexes me that nobody is able to challenge / has challenged how PFTC even exists when it is a voluntary body (as far as I know).

And how is it that that abomination called 'Business Purposes', which is technically not even formally recognised as the 'prescribed training' as per the Act, is even in existence today?

Yet another example of the cabal that if PFTC, and their bed fellows ITA, milking the public!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by abhm View Post
    What’s more these self same people also want ALL dedicated sports shooters, hunters etc to now undergo business competency training to have DSS status
    I'm amazed by this. On two counts, firstly that they want DSS to include business competency - they have nothing to do with each other. Secondly, DSS approved persons, by the nature of DSS itself, are active and practicing persons. As a general rule they'd be the least likely to require re-training. Either way, once you are trained, you are trained. Irrespective of whether you shoot weekly, annually or never again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Indulge me please..let's go back, right to the beginning, to where PFTC started - can somebody explain how they became the de facto gods of our firearms world? Are they even gazetted in law before parliament (or whatever the process is, to make oneself the chief-in-charge)?

Just because the Commish from how-many-years-ago agreed they could be the standards body, does that put them beyond the scope of being vetted and determining if they even have a relevant purpose today?

It perplexes me that nobody is able to challenge / has challenged how PFTC even exists when it is a voluntary body (as far as I know).

And how is it that that abomination called 'Business Purposes', which is technically not even formally recognised as the 'prescribed training' as per the Act, is even in existence today?

Yet another example of the cabal that if PFTC, and their bed fellows ITA, milking the public!!
    maybe its time they felt the wrath of gun owners

all these organisations that dont want to be on the same page are the reason we dont have "gun lobby" (like the NRA)

GOSA is fighting daily, and i for one feel they deserve the support of the entire sector

same goes for gun shops, if not willing to heed the call to help organisations, i will not support them,

And this contains some interesting snippets from their own constitution. Talk about sleeping with the enemy and 6 and 7...

1. Critical Interest Groups
      21.1 PFTC shall at all times operate in a transparent, cooperative manner with any special interest groups.

21.2 Any and all information regarding finances, investigations, quality assurance and statistics shall be available to the critical interest groups if so requested.

21.3 Only personal member information shall be kept confidential in the interest of a member’s right to privacy, unless it is specifically relevant to a particular case.

21.4 Critical interest groups shall include but is not limited to:

21.4.1. SASSETA

21.4.2. CFR

21.4.3. Secretariat of Police

21.4.4. PSIRA

21.4.5. Business Against Crime

21.4.6. Institute of Security Studies

21.4.7. Gun Free South Africa

21.4.8. South African Gun Owners Association

21.4.9. Black Gun Owners Association

21.4.10. ICD

21.4.11. NRCS/SABS

Copyrig

This is a very distressing situation for firearm owners and those who fight tirelessly for gun rights.

Every time I look at it I think "Trojan Horse"

User

When you do your daily job you dont need re training on your job. If you change career and maybe some 10 years later go back to your first job you will probable need re training.

The same goes for shooting, If you are a active shooter all year round why do you need re training?
    Then the FA instructors of PFTC must also go for re training every 5 years!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast