User

Default Value of WIN 1500 Semi Auto

A family member is interested in buying a Winchester 1500 Semi auto shotgun.
    The seller want him to make an offer. What is a fair price without insulting the seller or breaking the bank. Havent seen the gun at all but le's assume its a 3 round mag and in fair condition?

Default Re: Value of WIN 1500 Semi Auto

It's all about condition. Mint condition I would say max R5k. The model 1500 was only made from 1978 to 1982. If it well used or has loss of finish that number starts dipping. I am more familiar with pump actions. The Winchester Defender 1300 can be found for R3500 to R5000 although i hav seen 2 mint ones sell at R7000 each. Seeing that it's family, if it's mint I would say R4000. Less for more worn.

Used Winchesters are becoming harder to find. U now buy Turkish copies but it's not the same thing.

There is a mint Remington 1100 in smaller 20ga selling on Gunafrica website for R12500. Not sold yet. Price looks a bit high.

Harder to get into on this than I thought.
    Bear Arms in Benoni has a mint Remington SG101 semi auto shotgun selling for R10,000.

Suggest u phone Bear Arms, Blunderbuss or Classic Arms (Witbank) as these dealers deal in high volumes of second hand firearms and should give u a fair indication on price. Tell them u wanting to buy from third party and just looking for fair indication of price in mint condition. U not buying or selling from the dealership.