Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Banned

Default Re: DSTV and long Co-Ax cable runs

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    This was the setup before I started buggering around yesterday afternoon.

The red indicates cables and splitter boxes removed. I will probably need to re-insert the splitter in the HB cable to get the third TV independent?

Why did the original installer introduce the big splitter and then the two leads to each decoder?

If it is a smart lnb then there is no need for the switch(splitter) and you need one cable from the uni ports to each decoder.
    If it is a dual lnb then you need a switch.

Ok, that explains it then.

Had my dual LNB croak and was replaced with a Smart LNB. The technician left the wiring as is, no harm done. I hate wires so would prefer to strip it out.

Cheers
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

The RF cables that feed the Tpiece must be on RF out (not in). Because you dont have a tv meter to determine where the fault lies take the 2nd decoder to the tv (only powercable and RF out cable about 2m long) and connect straight to 2nd tv, if picture is still bad use primary decoder for same test. if you have good picture work your way back from lounge to bedroom until your picture is clear, (ps those Tpieces is prone for bad connection inside.

If all else fail get a installer and pay him a callout fee. try a private installer and not the agency.

Could you please explain that in a little more technical detail. What is the diffs between in and out. You can set the decoder for ether?

User

Are you really using t-pieces? You should be using RF splitters with a 75 ohm impedance. T pieces or reflections on the line and will give bad analogue pictures.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hell dunno,

dealing with with the original installers mess. There are no longer "splitters" or what I call "T Pieces" in the new wiring setup but I suspect that soon I will need to split the HB for the extra view.

I refer to one of these;

Can anyone tell me from which decoder the "extra view" picture comes from?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    l. What is the diffs between in and out. You can set the decoder for ether?
    The RF out (only) is use to relay the TV picture of a decoder to the television. The RF in is used to connect and addisional decoder or antenna signal in to the system. RF in/out setting that can be change is for Heartbeat relay only and got nothing to do with the TV picture.

Connect both cables that feed 1st Tpiece on RF out (closest to the power input) and set both decoder settings of xview mode transmitting port also to RF out. (RF out connection and hbeat relay is more stable on out than in). If you still have issues with Hbeat you can run a coax cable between 2 RF IN ports for hbeat and r2 RF OUT ports to feed other Tv's.

Tpieces work good, but some doesnt make good contact inside and cannot block interference like a splitter. Again as suggested, Only connect 1 decoder and Tv without any splitter/tpieces to make sure the decoder or TV is not at fault.

Its frustrating to try and fix something if you have a basic idea but cannot measure the signal you are working with

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4