Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Damaged Scmidt and Bender turret cap

Hi

Where can I buy a replacement turret cap for a SB PM II-2 5-25x56. Gun fell on some rocks. 1 click is 1/4MOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Damaged Scmidt and Bender turret cap

I tried to get scope caps for a S&B 4X36 a while ago but according to all the shops and other importers of scopes, S&B does not export to the RSA directly. It is imported via the USA Parts are therefore not readily available. The local importers are not prepared to import such items. If you know some one with friend or family in Germany, perhaps they could assist you.

User

Default Damaged Scmidt and Bender turret cap

OP have you contacted agents?

Although my post does not help OP. Agents should help, that’s BS in my books..

I had similar issue with my Swarovski whereby I managed to mess up the ballistic turret. Was sent to factory by local agent, and standard turrets put on at my request. Cost me about R350 for local courier only.

If agents expect you to pay 1000s of your hard earned money, support your imported product..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I have heard of many issues relating specifically to the S&B scopes.
    Regardless of being purchased in SA, Germany is not keen on sending the scopes back to SA, they are unable to due to restrictions on imports to SA. Ideally you would need to find someone in another country to source for you, then send to you.

User

It is a pity that change is not always for the better.

Some 15-20 years ago when Dr Lucas Potgieter from "Die Kruitvat" was still the sole agent for S&B in the RSA, my damaged S&B was sent by them to Germany for repairs. I received it back within a month, repaired free of charge, except for the shipping which was, if memory serves me right, R30.

Good old days.

Sad thin is in SA you must not always buy the more expensive and better item that exist in the world.
    You need to balance it with what is the best item you can buy locally and have backup support.

Then again Steiner agents are in JHB and CPT. If you have damage to your scope or Bino.
    They do not fix it. They ship it to Germany and the factory fixes it. Alot of cases you dont even pay.

I contacted all the agents and received a mixed bag of replies ranging from: we are not agents anymore due to S&B not honoring warrantees, we only stock scopes and not parts (X2).

I have a friend in Germany who I will contact to try and source the part.

Shooty - your statement rights true. Rather buy a bit more local with better support.

Other friend dropped his Vortex, also from bakkie. They upgraded him to a better model for the fraction of the cost.

As for Steiner products I gave my Steiner binoculars (25 yrs old) where the rubber housing perished because it was in the bakkie most of the time to NSS Distributors They sent it to Germany. The Binoculars was refurbished and now look as good as new free of charge Great service (It took 3 months before it was returned)

User

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post
    I contacted all the agents and received a mixed bag of replies ranging from: we are not agents anymore due to S&B not honoring warrantees, we only stock scopes and not parts (X2).

I have a friend in Germany who I will contact to try and source the part.

Shooty - your statement rights true. Rather buy a bit more local with better support.

Other friend dropped his Vortex, also from bakkie. They upgraded him to a better model for the fraction of the cost.
    Sorry to hear this.....hope you come right bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    Sorry to hear this.....hope you come right bud.

US branch inidcated they have 1 available and need to find out how they can ship it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast