Thread: Average ammo

User

Default Average ammo

I been looking at some of the local shooting disciplines and want to know more about the following. How many rounds of ammo do one use on a average. Is there any specific ammo used or mostly rounds reloaded by the shooter himself?

I would like to shoot more often but money is abit of a bummer for me at this stage. I also feel the need for some proper training, I can kill paper but thats just wasting ammo isnt it?

Also looking at some of the US guys they pitch at the range with a bucket full of ammo to shoot.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Average ammo

Hi. I want to start re loading as soon as I can afford to buy the gear. Yes going to start with Lee. Have put about 300 rounds through my P07 since I got her. Would have been way more if it was not so expensive. And killing paper. Nah, don't think it's wasting ammo. From my 1st day at the range to the last visit my shooting has dramatically improved. Lots of youtube helped there. Specifically my grip. I also want to go on a training course. The US guys are lucky. DDS is the next step. 200 rounds is not enough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VX70 View Post
    I been looking at some of the local shooting disciplines and want to know more about the following. How many rounds of ammo do one use on a average. Is there any specific ammo used or mostly rounds reloaded by the shooter himself?

I would like to shoot more often but money is abit of a bummer for me at this stage. I also feel the need for some proper training, I can kill paper but thats just wasting ammo isnt it?
    A lot depends on the discipline you want to do, and also on the level. Doing a club shoot once a month should be 150 rounds which can double as practice.

Competing in leagues might bring it to 1000 rounds a month.

Start with proper training to prevent teaching yourself bad shooting techniques.

Most shooters roll their own because it is cheaper.

Once you have proper technique, "killing paper" is not a waste. It is training.

If you do go to the range with 50 rounds, make them count. Do things that challenge your concentration on the fundamentals. Dot Torture is great. Shooting groups also helps.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    If you do go to the range with 50 rounds, make them count. Do things that challenge your concentration on the fundamentals. Dot Torture is great. Shooting groups also helps.
    This is what I'm doing at this stage .. go and shoot groups. I will look into the dot torture.. thanks!

User

Discounting the cost of equipment, reloading will about halve your ammo cost, or in shooters terms, double the amount you shoot.

Discounting the cost of equipment, casting your own bullets will about halve your ammo cost again. Or in shooters terms, double the amount you shoot.

To make the most of your available ammo, dryfire the smoke out of your available time.