User

Default R/LM4/5 markings pic request

I'm in the planning stage of building a clone of either the R4/5 or the LM4/5 rifles and need pics of the markings that I can have stencils made. Please take the pictures with a ruler if possible so size can be guesstimated. Any help is much appreciated.

User

Default Re: R/LM4/5 markings pic request

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...s-of-pictures)

That will be a good starting point for you. There are a few guys on that forum that built clones and had receivers milled in the USA with the same lightning cuts as the R series rifles etc.

Look some of them up. lcastillo and adipose are two guys i know that built clones.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gekishibu86 View Post
    I'm in the planning stage of building a clone of either the R4/5 or the LM4/5 rifles and need pics of the markings that I can have stencils made. Please take the pictures with a ruler if possible so size can be guesstimated. Any help is much appreciated.
    Get hold of Nobleteq on +2712 661 3224. They should be able to help you with a lot of the non-restricted and restricted parts (barrels, receivers etc.) for the Vector R/LM series rifles.
    I had an original LM5 Lyttleton manufactured rifle, in MINT condition. I could kick myself for having sold that.

User

Thank you for the quick response. I actually already have a Tortort 80 % Galil receiver that I'm planning to send to Jeff Miller for those cuts and markings but I just couldn't remember which one he can or cannot do due to legal issues (Vektor or Lyttleton). I also have acquired some SA parts for the project (dust cover, hand guard, bipod, hammer, trigger, front sight assembly, gas tube, gas piston, rear hand guard retainer, left/right safety levers). The rest will be Galil parts due restrictions. I just need details of the markings to have the stencils made ( Thors Hammer). Here's pics courtesy of WILDCARD of what I need and measurements if possible.
    0738845d-f9af-4a39-bba6-b0cb8d88def9.JPG
    Is this Vektor markings?
    IMG_9327.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg

User

Anyone know what this is?
    IMG_1734.JPG

Anyone know what this is?
    IMG_1734.JPG
    Yup.

Its a dot matrix barcode thing that our police use to track inventory.

The star thing next to it is a representation of the South African Police Services badge.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Oh I see, thank you for the clarification. Did Vektor ever had their markings on the R/LM they manufactured?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Get hold of Nobleteq on +2712 661 3224. They should be able to help you with a lot of the non-restricted and restricted parts (barrels, receivers etc.) for the Vector R/LM series rifles.
    I had an original LM5 Lyttleton manufactured rifle, in MINT condition. I could kick myself for having sold that.
    I feel you brother, I was on the same boat after I sold my Colt SP1 due to financial difficulties. Good thing I kept my Galil that I can now pass to my son.

User

Thank you for the quick response. I actually already have a Tortort 80 % Galil receiver that I'm planning to send to Jeff Miller for those cuts and markings but I just couldn't remember which one he can or cannot do due to legal issues (Vektor or Lyttleton). I also have acquired some SA parts for the project (dust cover, hand guard, bipod, hammer, trigger, front sight assembly, gas tube, gas piston, rear hand guard retainer, left/right safety levers). The rest will be Galil parts due restrictions. I just need details of the markings to have the stencils made ( Thors Hammer). Here's pics courtesy of WILDCARD of what I need and measurements if possible.
    0738845d-f9af-4a39-bba6-b0cb8d88def9.JPG
    Is this Vektor markings?
    IMG_9327.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    My LM has the same markings as your first pic (the Lyttleton insignia etc). The P in a oval in your second pic is their proof mark which also appears on the barrel. As SSP mentioned the rest belong to SAPS and were probably included post manufacture.

The only other marking my LM has is the serial number on the under side of the gas block.