User

Default Appeal time frame and details

Hello, I would like to appeal my license refusal. What do I need to include other than the appeal form?
    And what's the average appeal turnaround time?
    I am not doing it through GOSA as I cannot afford the legal fees right now.
    Also, my DFO will not assist me with these questions as he says that I must not do it because it takes over one and a half years for an appeal to go through.

Thank you

Default Re: Appeal time frame and details

As far as I read on this forum its easier just to submit a new app instead of appealing. What was the reason for the refusal?

User

Your DFO is very misinformed. I can't remember the exact timelines, but it's a couple of months, not years.

If you reapply, you let them get away with bull, not doing their jobs etc. If your appeal was sound, then appeal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Appeals should not take more than 90 working days. If successful, you have not technically been refused a license. If you are doing it yourself, hand deliver or send it via register mail to the CFR Appeal board, including full motivation and supplementary docs, and good reason why you are appealing the refusal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BrenGun View Post
    Appeals should not take more than 90 working days. If successful, you have not technically been refused a license. If you are doing it yourself, hand deliver or send it via register mail to the CFR Appeal board, including full motivation and supplementary docs, and good reason why you are appealing the refusal.
    66 days. Not working days either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BrenGun View Post
    That I'll do. Do you have any other info: cfr appeal board mail address?
    As well as what documents are all required?

User

No use sending your application back to the same person who refused it, only to refuse it again. If your motivation is strong then appeal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    No use sending your application back to the same person who refused it, only to refuse it again. If your motivation is strong then appeal.
    Exactly my logic

You will need to fill in a SAPS 530 notice of appeal, PDF available at www.saps.gov. Will also give details of physical and postal address of CFR

User

My first S13 application was refused without any reason given. I simply submitted a new application with the exact same motivation (I knew it was complete) and it was approved. This was way back in 2012, though.