User

Default Example of competency testimonial please.

I need to renew my competency for my rifle. I got the procedure and documents to complete. It seems only a paragraph is needed from someone who knows you well.
    Must the testimonial be written by hand by your friends or can it be typed and just signed by the person giving you the testimonial?
    It is written that it must be mentioned that you are not violent or abusing alcohol etc.
    What are all the areas that must be covered in the testimonial? I do not want a send-back

If anybody can perhaps post a example that was used successfully it would be appreciated a lot. Or if you prefer please pm me or I can give my email address to someone prepared to help.
    With my previous competency I only had to provide contact details of friends and family, who were supposed to be contacted for an interview with SAPS. But this time testimonials is needed and I have no idea how it should look.
    Thanks.

User

Default Re: Example of competency testimonial please.

Hi, see the following thread, you may find what you looking for there.
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...for-competency

User

I was given this doc by a training provider after completing competency training. Haven’t tried using it yet, will give it a go when I get back from the US next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I need to renew my competency for my rifle. I got the procedure and documents to complete. It seems only a paragraph is needed from someone who knows you well.
    Must the testimonial be written by hand by your friends or can it be typed and just signed by the person giving you the testimonial?
    It is written that it must be mentioned that you are not violent or abusing alcohol etc.
    What are all the areas that must be covered in the testimonial? I do not want a send-back

If anybody can perhaps post a example that was used successfully it would be appreciated a lot. Or if you prefer please pm me or I can give my email address to someone prepared to help.
    With my previous competency I only had to provide contact details of friends and family, who were supposed to be contacted for an interview with SAPS. But this time testimonials is needed and I have no idea how it should look.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Thanks.

There is just something I do not understand and I want things to go smoothly so would like to clear it out.
    The forms given to me by the dfo indicates I need 4 color photos, etc. Included in this needed list is a copy of your proficiency training certificate. Well I do not have it anymore. I went to the company where I got it in the first place, about 12 years ago. They said it is not needed anymore since 2013. How true is that? It contradicts the documentation I got from my dfo and I would like to be sure I do really not need it before handing in my application. I did get a printout from my dfo of my current competency and it does indicate on it where and when I did my proficiency training. Can that be proof enough?

User

Nobody?

User

You need a copy of the certificate, the training company is mistaken.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post

Thanks Marius. I also thought so. I wonder why they did not offer to give me a copy, even if I have to pay full price again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post

Indeed. My new training certs also come with a statement of results that they want at the DFO as well. My older one didn’t have that statement of results.

Apparently related to people forging certs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I find it concerning that different firearm organizations have different answers regarding renuwal of competency certificates. Should all of them not say the same thing?
    Some say you must have 4 written testimonials, others say 2. Then it's said by one no family members but another one say one testimonial must be by a living parent or another relative if your parents are not alive anymore. It's so unnessesarily confusing. I can see why so many people do not want to go through all of this.