Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Buying a red dot sight in the USA

I always have this one thought in any thread like this,more so since I need something I can only get from the US myself, and that the irony is that the very State dept/administration has very little qualms about dumping tons of war material into conflict zones to people who invariably end fighting the US later but we can't buy arbitrary accessories with a bureaucratic nightmare attached to it.

Apologies for the off topic observation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    surely local agents would still honour warranty?

i mean if i bring a BMW with me from Bots, would the local agents say sorry the warranty isn't covered?

this is a genuine question, I obviously understand that buying direct cuts locals at knees
    I have to bring my SA registered hilux back from Zim every time it needs a service (under warranty) as Toyota Zimbabwe doesn't count.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    I always have this one thought in any thread like this,more so since I need something I can only get from the US myself, and that the irony is that the very State dept/administration has very little qualms about dumping tons of war material into conflict zones to people who invariably end fighting the US later but we can't buy arbitrary accessories with a bureaucratic nightmare attached to it.

Apologies for the off topic observation.

Good point

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    The interesting thing on this note is. If I look in Canon Camera Manual. It says anywhere in world it will carry its warranty.
    But when you buy over seas and take to local agent they say no. Although in manual Canon tells you this regarding warranty.
    So ive many time believed its only our Local SA importers who are not wanting to honor the warranty stated in manuals.
    Which actually forms part of sale where ever you buy it.

But maybe in some products its not written this way in warranty.

I know I returned a broken very old Steiner Bino to importers about year or so back.
    They took it was willing to ship to Germany for repairs. Or offered me to pay in like R700 and do immediate exchange for same or similar value Steiner.
    So thumbs up to them.
    in all honesty then I would be reporting that agent to the manufacturer, until i got answers.I'm sure international companies mandates and stipulated warranties trump any feeling of wrong doing by local suppliers for products bought elsewhere?

As adults we understand local business and support them, and thats what tarriffs etc are for
    but if the manufacturer states warranty is valid, then it must be valid.

User

look at vortex
    warranty even carries to new owner if you sell the scope

User

Looks like it is best not to buy in the USA then. Red dot sights might look military grade, more so than a normal hunting scope. Anyway, won't trust the local TSA agent's with a surgical glove and itchy finger definition of military grade. Travel ban would also suck as I have to travel there for work from time to time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3