Thread: S21 refused

Default S21 refused

Hi Guys,

I need some help. I am an attorney and read through the firearms control act s 21 and the regulations. I drafted a motivation for a s21 application with a lot of supporting documents. My app with the attachments are more or less 20 pages long.

I addressed the s21 requirements as well the regulations and as stated attached all supporting doc's. my invitation letter of our accredited club had the rest of the inter provincial and club shoots.

Apparently my application was refused as my invitation letter had to many dates. I submitted my application on the first of August, and the first interprovincial shoot was on the 24th and 25th August.

I have been advised to get a new invitation letter with only one date, but my argument is that even if I only mentioned the date of the 24th and 25th, the app would anyway be late as the app received attention on Tuesday 28th of August, and therefore no reason to refuse it anyway. I do not see how my invite with all the dates can be a problem.

I was further advised not to appeal and to submit a new s21 app with the mentioned invite as above.

I believe that anything possible will be done to not approve the app, and am at this stage a bit negative. Should I appeal or just submit a new s21 app?

Cheers
    Joe

Default Re: S21 refused

Personally even on a SAPS271 normal application. I would rather re apply.

I know alot of people will say appealing is best route. Shows them their mistake.

But Re applying is to me quicker.

Appeal can be either quick or can take very long.

I hate waiting. So rather re apply.

I once had a S16 refused. Reason was letter of goodstanding supplied older the 3 months.

At that time Col Skakhani was still head of Western Cape section at CFR. She told me on phone after giving me reason. To rather re apply then wait for letter and appeal.

Got new letter from club. applied and got approved.

Thank you shooty. Any experience with the invitation letter from your club in a S21 App?

Banned

I re applied and got declined again. I appealed and it got approved in a month. Apparently appeals are getting accepted. Lots of licenses are sitting in consideration and not getting declined or approved.