Default Competency collection rules

Hi all,

I need to collect my competency however I have since moved from Sandton to Pretoria. Each time I have driven past, which is rare cause I am out of country a lot, the DFO is never there.

Can I collect my competency at another DFO in Pretoria? Surely I wouldn't need to got to Sandton to fetch it? What if I had moved to Cape Town or Bloemfontein.

I want to go buy my CZ tomorrow and start this license process before I am out of country again from end of next week.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Competency collection rules

I do not have a definite answer but I’m sure they could print it for you at any dfo since it’s on the system and not a physical certificate sent from the cfr.
    Maybe try your luck at another dfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco L View Post
    I do not have a definite answer but I’m sure they could print it for you at any dfo since it’s on the system and not a physical certificate sent from the cfr.
    Maybe try your luck at another dfo.
    This is my understanding too...any SAPS office can print it.

Thanks. I am going to try my luck at the one in Garsfontein today and see what they say.

I tried to collect my compentancy from another police station as where i handed it in and was told i need to sign the register so need to go to the one i submitted it to. Went 1 morning before work and took 2 minutes

I didn't make it to the DFO in Garsfontein today but from you say it seems like I might have no choice.

Unfortunately some say you can and some say you can't so I suppose I just need to find out the hard way.

Just an update, Garsfontein was willing to print competency certificate and stamp it. No need to drive all the way to Sandton.

Quote Originally Posted by corp View Post
    Just an update, Garsfontein was willing to print competency certificate and stamp it. No need to drive all the way to Sandton.

This is good to know.
    Thanks for the feedback