User

Default Items allowed in luggage

I am trying to source some Lok grips for a Shadow 2 and I have been in touch with them. They are willing to ship to SA via USPS, but then one has to deal with SAPO for the SA side of the shipping (shudder). I have a relative who will be travelling from Canada to SA in a months time and I am thinking of having the grips mailed to them. They will chuck it in their luggage and Postnet it to me once in SA. Are there any restrictions/legalities about flying internationally with items such as these? I don't want to place my relative at risk.

Default Re: Items allowed in luggage

Grips should be fine as far as i know. plus if keeps it loose in bag more easier. Know of people on the forum who done that. They even get it in packaging.

User

I brought this back for I’m the USA in my luggage.

Trip 1 - the RCBS Rockchucker on the right with a full reloading kit including manual, hand primer, scale, powder measure and a few other bits.

Trip 2 - the RCBS charge master In the middle

Trip 3 - the big one I brought the RCBS Grand shotshell loader on the left 23kg in the box in a cape union mart bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User

I guess I should say they allowed these to exit the USA and may not have checked on the SA side.

I have also brought choke tubes and Barnes TSX bullets. They did give me a hard time on the Barnes and made me check my hand luggage in New York after letting me fly them from Vegas in my hand luggage.

@Bruce: Thats the dream. flying a 1050 with mark7 in.

User

Thanks for the replies gents. Any idea where one can find out exactly what is permissible in luggage? I suppose these are firearm parts by definition and I do not want to take any chances.

User

The last guideline I saw was that nothing that can be used by military or is military spec.

You can download a list of everything that requires ITAR