Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: M&P9 2.0 Compact or PO7 Gen2 for EDC?

Is magazine availability still a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I have a M&P 9 that was my EDC for many years. I now carry a Gen 5 GLOCK 19.

The M&P is a awesome pistol with the exemption of magazine availability and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    Is magazine availability still a problem ?
    No, you can get them easily now, just not cheap.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    No, you can get them easily now, just not cheap.
    Yeah they are more readily available now but you won’t just walk into any local gun shop and pic up a few. Usually have to order in and wait.

Funny thing is that I have had my G19 for a couple of months now and probably have close to 20 mags already. What is nice is my wife also has a G19 so mags can be shared. I still only have 5 mags for my M&P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If you are thinking of a 19X for sports shooting, why that model in particular? I get the bigger capacity over the 19, but if it's for sport shooting, get a 17 or 34. Longer sight radius, same capacity /grip.

For sports, consider a Shadow or Shadow 2, funds permitting, especially if you are looking at a DA/SA in the P07.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    Aesthetics should be the very last concern on your list when it comes to EDC. By all means get a fancy gun for later.
    I second this. Aesthetics or "preference in visual design" is the very last factor that should determine your EDC choice.

User

I am a vain bastard at the best of time , but allowing aesthetics to determine the tool you want to use in a SHTF situation..mm.
    Are you going to actually edc the gun if you don't look cool in pants one size bigger than normal so you can successfully edc ?

User

rather get one platform for edc and sports,

User

It doesn’t make any sense having two very different platforms for EDC and DSS. In a self defence situation, your stress levels will be redlining, and you will only have training and the resultant muscle memory to rely on. Adding different triggers and grip angles to the equation will only make things worse.

Get the Glock...

Shoot the Glock...

Train with the Glock...

Carry the glock...

😁

User

I bought a P07 as my 1st FA. Have had it for 2 months now and edc. I work in a restaurant and can't carry it all the time. I Have an Army Ant holster. Will get a tuckable holster soon. I had to choose between a CZ and G19 gen 4. Firstly I preferred the ergonomics of the the CZ. And also as my first pistol I wanted the safety of a double action trigger. I carry 1 up and De cocked. My shooting skills are average at best. Have only done 300 rounds thus far. But once I am fully confident and have had training. I will def go striker fired.

User

My comment, go shoot them all and then decide, if you are not happy with a FA you will not enjoy shooting it.

I had a number of Glocks and M&P's and settled on M&P and sold my Glocks. I just shoot the M&P's better.

M&P mags are expensive, like R750 a pop. The M&P trigger is shit, the 2.0 slightly better but still not top notch. I replaced all triggers on my M&P's, costly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast