Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hinges: how I make them for rustic type of kitchen cabinets

Chris999, thank you for the reply and suggestion it is much appreciated. Chris I did use the "Pozzidrive screws and worked the heads down with a flapper disk , it now looks like rivets. This will be done when completing all the kitchen cabinets ...I need to well together more hinges this coming week and forge some latches while on the Black powder hunt...here are some photos of the work I completed so far..part of this vintage kitchen designed cabinets will be incorporating rusted expanded metal / wire netting and "ogies draad" doors to give it that really nice old vintage look..

User

Good members, here are a few photos of kitchen cupboard I am making...the hinges I currently am using works great, but I decided to make a heavier type of hinge for better effect , especially for the top part of the kitchen cupboards ..

Those look great! Nice work!

User

Chris , thank you for the positive reply.it is much appreciated..yes, I learned a few things along the way ...the method I am using now to apply a finishing to the wood has improved drastically..the appearance of the cupboards really gives an antique finish...I will be making heavier type of hinges this coming week..the work on the kitchen is progressing..I had time to make a kitchen kist to store bottles with vinegar, lemon juice , thinned canned food and kitchen utensils for the Black powder hunt every year and I can use it in my normal hunting camp set up as well..
    This is the kitchen camp kist , I will forge heavier hinges for a better appearance on this kist..next week I will commence with a solid Oreogan pine wood kist as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Chris , thank you for the positive reply.it is much appreciated..yes, I learned a few things along the way ...the method I am using now to apply a finishing to the wood has improved drastically..the appearance of the cupboards really gives an antique finish...I will be making heavier type of hinges this coming week..the work on the kitchen is progressing..I had time to make a kitchen kist to store bottles with vinegar, lemon juice , thinned canned food and kitchen utensils for the Black powder hunt every year and I can use it in my normal hunting camp set up as well..
    This is the kitchen camp kist , I will forge heavier hinges for a better appearance on this kist..next week I will commence with a solid Oreogan pine wood kist as well.
    Gert, dovetail joints would look more period than the nails and screws.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Gert, dovetail joints would look more period than the nails and screws.
    I agree, Finkelstein , I will do the dovetail joints when I do the Oreogan pine ox wagon kist..this kitchen food/bottle kist is good enough to fit into the 1885 era ..Those screws are going to be removed and I will forge nails to hammer into their place ..nails with flat heads..

User

Did some work today, build two doors that will be fitted to one of the cupboards...still need to do the finishing on these two doors...I will need to make a lot more of these doors...
    The design:

User

Update: the two doors are completed, I will spend time this weekend fitting the hinges as well and complete hanging them ..will upload photos..

User

Members, while busy with he walk in safe project I keep on building hinges and kitchen cupboards...I completed a few cupboards and table tops..will upload photos of my progress tomorrow..

Here is a frame that will be use to store all the soap, cleaning agents/fluids for the dishwasher machine..I completed the two doors with wire mesh as well, will fit the hinges tomorrow .The one post is out of alignment, will square it up tomorrow...
    \
    The finishing on the frame consist of sanding sealer, thinners and wood stain..it needs time to soak in and close up all the pores...

User

Good members, I completed a mikro wave oven cupboard today..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast