Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hinges: how I make them for rustic type of kitchen cabinets

Good, had some time to work on the kitchen project...here are photos of the finishing I do on the cupboards , the wood , the hinges as well..some of these hinges my good friend Chris Moolman made for me ...between him and me we make different hinges for different cupboards..
    These panels are secured to the kitchen wall and the cupboards are secure onto these pallet panels

Hinges:

Ruan, my son assisted me to fit some of the completed panels and cupboards today..a spice rack /doors is fitted as well as the micro-wave cupboard ..will have a few more panels completed by Monday...

User

Members, I am making progress, it will be possible to complete this project withing the following two weeks...I /Ruan fit two more panels today...the cupboards I want to fit onto the two panels are just too heavy for two persons to secure to the wood panels on the kitchen wall..I will need more help to accomplish this task..will ask my good friend Chris Moolman to assist me and Ruan tomorrow..will take some photos of the project thus far...

User

Good, had some time to work on the kitchen again and made more hinges..some photos:

The kitchen first phase is nering it`s completion..still need to make a few more shelves and cupboards..to complete phase one..

I cut a piece of Olive wood in halve to make a light chandelier from this rough piece of wood..I will use enamel mugs as the light covers..hanging from the ceiling where the current light is hanging..

Banned

Looking good Gert. Next project will have to be a ladder for your wife to reach the top shelves.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Niekiepienaar View Post
    Looking good Gert. Next project will have to be a ladder for your wife to reach the top shelves.
    He,he,he..Niekie..the top shelves will be use a storage space..in Witbank you do not want to build a cupboard that do not have a full length to stop at the ceiling..too much dust/rubish in the air that lay down on these open surfaces...

User

After completing phase one I will commence with phase two that will include a Colonial

kitchen type heath/oven with all the trimmings..here is a few ideas I am looking at when designing this project...

User

Good, I allocated work to completing the hanging light /chandeliers in my kitchen today..I am using wood, Olien hout stump I cut in halve to suspend from the roof with LED lights in enamel mugs hanging on rusted chains...here are some photos( cell phone photos)

Using creosote to cover the dark parts on the stump..

First layers of sanding sealer and thinners mixture to seal the pores and gives a better varnish surface and appearance..

Will work in the gun shop tomorrow..

User

I spend time today to drill the bolts and secure them to the enamel cups..

Will fit the LED lights tomorrow and install it into the Olien hout chandeliers...I will be making two of these suspending olien hout kitchen lights...
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Good, I am busy fitting the lights to the olien branch that will be suspended from the kitchen ceiling in the kitchen...here are a few photos , I will be completed this part of the project today..I did fit another shelve in the kitchen as well..I really am getting a lot of extra storage space with this new kitchen cabinets and shelves...

User

Update:
    Before photo:

After , still busy completing:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast