Thread: SAP 350

User

Default SAP 350

So the long wait for competency is done and dusted, get all my paperwork in order, purchase a firearm, take time off work, only to meet the next hurdle

Everything checks out at the DFO, no criminal record, fingers prints taken, SAP 350 checked . . . Sorry the firearm is not on the dealers name yet. They need to give me another gun or have it transferred onto their name. Contacted the dealer, they checked all their gen5 stock and none of them received in August has been transferred to dealer stock yet.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up this process/get the cfr to do their work?

Default Re: SAP 350

My friend had same with a rifle short while back.
    Luckily the wait was not that long for this to be sorted out.
    Its not dealers fault its the SAPS CFR fault for dragging their feet.

While back they use to take app. And as soon as approved they would complete transfer if not correct on system.

Now they dont want to take app until in fact they finish the work they already should have done.
    When the Importer filled in 350a showing they are sending the dealer the stock.
    The dealer usually submitted 350b on receiving. And you get one showing it.
    CFR just seems to take time to process the paperwork.

Maybe just intentional to upset applicants.

User

So yesterday i gave my dfo twp serial numbers for gen 5s that the dealer received mid July, hoping this was on the dealer stock and that we could just change the paperwork. She phoned me today, both of these are also still showing on berhard agency's name. Dealer says the mail cfr once a week but to no avail, FML

You a member of GOSA. Maybe they can assist.

User

I also had this issue a while back...Got the supporting Import Codes and documentation and was sorted within that week....Its painful when stuff just doesn't work!! Best of Luck!!

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Thank you, i have forwarded the information to my dealer, lets hope for a quick resolve

User

I had two firearms transferred from one dealer to another one in Cape Town, this was middle April this year. It took nearly four months of waiting to get the firearms to show up on the dealer stock, I finally submitted my apps at the end of August.

CFR never updated the system on their side! I'm hoping that my apps will be approved before the end of the year.

Seems to be a pretty common issue, I am also waiting for my saiga to be placed into my dealers stock