Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock 43 +4 extended mag

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever View Post
    Agreed on the completely different guns (only reason i didn't get G26 when i got my M&P9c is the 9c came with better sight fitted and adding better sight to the G26 would have made it more expensive than the M&P9c stock price that i got back then), was just using what i own and use daily as a example of how a small "change" can make a small gun a very very practical gun. Significantly smaller than a G19 / M&P9 and yet i carry 1 round less than the avg G19 / M&P9 owner that uses std mags for carry.

But selling like crazy and making a bit more $$$ should in a capitalist business be significant motivation to finding something that works.

Isn't that how most mags work? They work till they don't or that at least is my experience. It's not like a car tire you see going flat or wearing down. It's either reliable enough to make you think it will never fail or it fails often enough that you know you shouldn't even bother...
    Dude seriously? You think they're not making a bigger mag because they don't like money? They have a standard they expect them to work to and as yet have not found a solution that meets their requirements. If you're happy with less reliable rock on.

it appears I am wasting my time here, you appear to know more about 43 magazines than the factory so you make sure that you're happy.

My experience with mags is different to yours but...

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Dude seriously? You think they're not making a bigger mag because they don't like money? They have a standard they expect them to work to and as yet have not found a solution that meets their requirements. If you're happy with less reliable rock on.

it appears I am wasting my time here, you appear to know more about 43 magazines than the factory so you make sure that you're happy.

My experience with mags is different to yours but...
    Somewhere something went missing in my reply. Seems to be happening a lot to me these last few weeks in messages sent on all platform of modern communication.

Was merely trying to figure out are they actually actively trying to developed a XX Round mag or did they build one see it didn't work as wanted and went not interested anymore...?

No malicious intent intended...

User

They are constantly looking at things, but they have not yet cracked the code to reach the standard they want, something we see one many of the aftermarket extended mags when actually tested.

Obviously those involved with Glock would know but it stands to reason that it may be a case product differentiation. Simple as that. Why sell you one solution when they can offer you two. Look SW cracked the 7 and 8 round code. Sig cracked the 10 round code. We are talking about a magazine for as pistol, something Glock does very very well. This isnt a manned mission to Mars.

If Glock wanted it I reckon you would have it. Need more than 6? Buy a G26 or a Shield. Or A Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever View Post
    Somewhere something went missing in my reply. Seems to be happening a lot to me these last few weeks in messages sent on all platform of modern communication.

Was merely trying to figure out are they actually actively trying to developed a XX Round mag or did they build one see it didn't work as wanted and went not interested anymore...?

No malicious intent intended...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    Obviously those involved with Glock would know but it stands to reason that it may be a case product differentiation. Simple as that. Why sell you one solution when they can offer you two. Look SW cracked the 7 and 8 round code. Sig cracked the 10 round code. We are talking about a magazine for as pistol, something Glock does very very well. This isnt a manned mission to Mars.

If Glock wanted it I reckon you would have it. Need more than 6? Buy a G26 or a Shield. Or A Sig.
    Youre mistaken.

And everyone has different standards of reliability, or even safety.

Did you get the Pearce +1 from CHS Guns? Can't find it on their website.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Glass View Post
    Did you get the Pearce +1 from CHS Guns? Can't find it on their website.
    Yes, call Aziza.

I recently ordered a Taran Tactical +3 from Brownells. Check it out:

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...d-for-glock-43

Significantly more expensive than the other magazine extensions but got very good reviews.

Will put up a review after shooting +/-200 rounds.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Glass View Post
    I recently ordered a Taran Tactical +3 from Brownells. Check it out:

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...d-for-glock-43

Significantly more expensive than the other magazine extensions but got very good reviews.

Will put up a review after shooting +/-200 rounds.
    TT makes nice extensions, but I prefer the Pearce for +1 given the narrow profile with the pinky slot. I also have the barracudas in +2 (which I prefer over the TTs given the finger groove slot) which are great extentions for spare mags - I carry mine with the Neomags.

User

I've been using the TT AND Vickers + 2 extensions both seem to work fine except that when loaded to capacity the slide release does not appear to operate with the Win 147 rounds. Racking the slide overcomes this issue. downloading by one also seems to do the trick.

As for the extra length afforded to the grip by the extension the honest truth is that when shooting I do not even notice between the standard mag that I carry in the gun and the extended mags. I just shoot the fucking thing and it is sweet.

I guess Glock does not want to release an extended magazine with an instruction manual full of caveats. If as individuals we feel the need to fuck around with stuff (as I do ) then I suppose it is our responsibility to function test the crap out of it and see what works and what doesnt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast