User

Default 357 magnum on s15 for hunting?

Hi,

I spent a bit of time looking at the search results but didn't get anywhere, so I'm asking.

Has anyone licensed a revolver as on s15 for hunting, rather than sport shooting? I'm asking because I'm a member of a hunting association, but the nearest sport shooting club is a bit too far for me to realistically compete and if at all possible I would rather not have renew my license every five years.

User

Default Re: 357 magnum on s15 for hunting?

Have you considered looking at Natshoot? You can do your dedicated hunter status or sportsman status through them.
    I know SAHunters accept a 357 Magnum as a hunting handgun.
    That said, you shouldn't simply go for dedicated status just to skip out on the 5 year renewal cycle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    Have you considered looking at Natshoot? You can do your dedicated hunter status or sportsman status through them.
    I know SAHunters accept a 357 Magnum as a hunting handgun.
    That said, you shouldn't simply go for dedicated status just to skip out on the 5 year renewal cycle.
    Thanks, the plan for the gun is to be there when a jakkals or a warthog runs out of the tall grass or bush for a quick shot (by the time my rifle is ready the pest is back in hiding)