Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Competency Certificate spelling error

Hi all. I had that sinking feeling yesterday when I collected my competency certificate and I noticed a spelling error in terms of my surname.
    A friend proposed that I send the change of details form with my license application and motivations simultaneously.
    Anyone with experience in this regard? The alternative is to process the request for change of details first and then start with the license application once I get the correct competency certificate printed.
    I don’t have much confidence that SAPS will update my details (based on their spelling mistake) and process my license applications at the same time, therefore the dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Competency Certificate spelling error

I would ask them to change it. But Reckon your ID number being correct is the most vital part.

Interesting it might stay on system that way.
    As I currently send in newer photos with apps. But my first photo sent in ever with these white cards still appear on the new license cards.

User

Remember that you supply them with a copy of your ID & also a certificate from the institute where you did your training.
    Its their fault for incorrect details so best is to rectify through your DFO.
    Show them your ID & the institutes certificate..

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    Remember that you supply them with a copy of your ID & also a certificate from the institute where you did your training.
    Its their fault for incorrect details so best is to rectify through your DFO.
    Show them your ID & the institutes certificate..
    Thanks Teamcam my sentiments too. I suspect the rectification must be done in Pretoria and I would dearly not want to wait another month/ months for a simple spelling error to be corrected.
    Just wandering about the shortcut of doing correction and license application at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I would ask them to change it. But Reckon your ID number being correct is the most vital part.

Interesting it might stay on system that way.
    As I currently send in newer photos with apps. But my first photo sent in ever with these white cards still appear on the new license cards.
    Concerning to say the least!

User

I had the same ( misspelt name ).
    I went in and one of the Ladies at the DFO's office changed it on the system and I got a reprint of the competency certificate with my details fixed.

at Honeydew SAPS

User

Quote Originally Posted by doobleedee View Post
    I went in and one of the Ladies at the DFO's office changed it on the system and I got a reprint of the competency certificate with my details fixed.

at Honeydew SAPS
    How long did you wait for the reprint?

Quote Originally Posted by doobleedee View Post

at Honeydew SAPS
    That gives me hope! Mine was also done at Honeydew SAPS.
    Thanks a lot for info

Update on rectifying spelling error.
    Went back to DFO at Honeydew SAPS.
    1. DFO stated she cannot rectify.
    2. DFO Completed a line on a 1 Pager register (headed request for reprint) with the error and the required correction. There were 6 other requests from different people on the register.
    3. Register is sent to Pretoria on a Thursday for all listed corrections to be made.
    DFO indicated the correction should take a week or two, whereafter a reprint can be done at Honeydew SAPS.
    Not what I wanted to hear, but I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

User

If your name is spelled wrong on a certificate or license, it means that it is captured wrong on the CFR database ("system"). All your further documantation should then be issued with the same spelling mistake.

The issue most likely originated when your DFO captured your particulars wrong on their system.

There is a "change of incorrect information" form somewhere. I have no idea how and even if they are getting processed.

I had an issue with a new license being issued with a spelling mistake in my surname. My local DFO sent me to the neighbouring town's DFO with the request for help in correcting the spelling, explaining that all further licenses will also have the same issue if not corrected. It took him about 10 minutes to have it sorted and return with a printout as proof of the correct spelling. No idea how he did it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast