User

Default Possible lost application

Hi all,
    Friend of mine sent through his application for new FA under S13.
    It was sent back to the dfo because a few of the pages “weren’t certified” that was in like June or so. After many calls to the cfr and many trips to the dfo, it seems like they don’t know what’s happening with the application .They are blaming each other. Dfo say they. sent it back, CFR says we haven’t received it. Looks like it’s fallen through a black hole. He did contact Martin Hood today who said that he must wait a week and they will send off a letter.

Question is, anyone been in a similar situation?
    How did you resolve it?
    Any tips?

I feel for him as it’s been uphill since the start with issues at every turn

User

Default Re: Possible lost application

I think it's important to have a copy of each and every page of your application before you hand it in, including an index page, with a detailed breakdown of every numbered page, incl motivation and all supporting docs. That way, your arse is covered.

I've been called back by the DFO to bring in doc copies that were already submitted with my application, that somehow vanished from my folder, in his office.

User

Thats the thing, DFO went through every doc with him when he submitted, was given all clear before he submitted.
    Then all of a sudden it was sent back because apparently a few docs werent certified.
    Il have to add that the DFO didnt want to tell him which docs weren't ok.

User

Maybe also try these guys at CFR, they helped me when my comp went missing after a certain point in the process.

Isabel Masser
    012 353 6053
    Capt Desere Beukes
    012 353 6160

User

I had a similar issue. My competency was lost at the CFR after almost 6 months. Luckily my DFO keeps a copy of every application, which they emailed to the CFR again and then it was processed. I don't know if it is standard procedure to keep a copy? My DFO said they make copies because the CFR lose so many...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

You must always make extra copy before handing in.

But the DFO keep a copy for themselves.
    So they should have one on hand to resend.
    If not your DFO slipped.

When I go hand in my apps. I take 2 exact copies.
    To save them time copying my app.
    Saving a day or two for it to get to provincial.

User

My application also got "lost" by the CFR.

Like mentioned that is why its important to have copies of the entire application.

Re-submit at the local DFO and the Captain took the application trough herself to the CFR. 1 week later received the approved SMS. Not sure if all the DFO's will do the same but that is what happened in my case.

So in the end he will have to re-submit his application

User

After numerous emails sent to the CFR, I was contacted via email to bring in a copy of my application directly to the CFR in Pretoria, a week later I was approved and card printed too. It took 7months from date of submission.

To add: This was over the 2016/2017 period, when I submitted my copy, the dedicated and member certs were already expired.