User

Default Complacency will kill us all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fake News.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	29181

I am worried about the complacency of firearm owners as of late.

We have had a significant court victory, and succeeded in keeping the ever-ravenous wolves away from our doors. However, the media has been chock-full of anti-firearm ownership propaganda for weeks now. This isn't because the gun-free lunatic fringe is trying to remain relevant: this is priming the public sentiment in preparation for something.

What could this "something" be?

New amendments to the FCA. It is going on nearly four years since the disastrous previous proposals were green gazetted for public input. You can bet your pension that the next proposals are being worked on, and as far as the SAPS's inputs are concerned, they are not going to be good for us.

Reading between the lines of what the media is printing, I pick up on a very strong anti-handgun and anti-self-defence sentiment rearing its ugly head. I would not be surprised if the anti-gun ownership despots in government try to ban self-defence handgun ownership.

Even though we are the 7th most homicidal nation on Earth according to the World Bank. Even though handgun and SD bans have always resulted in disproportionately more murder and violence wherever they are enacted. Even though people successfully use handguns to defend their lives countless times every year.

Unless we get our heads out of our asses and start paying attention, and start getting involved, headlines like the one below will become our reality.

You have been warned.

Consider this a long-overdue and much-needed wake-up call.

Default Re: Complacency will kill us all

Well said Manservant.

We are at the end of the road right now.

Each and every one of us must stand up and fight for our rights. No-one is coming to save you.

it doesn't matter how big or small your effort is, so long as it is what you can do. Make your voice heard, get angry at journalists who publish lies. make your anger public in whatever medium you can.

If you do the normal thing, and let other's do the work or think there will be a semblance of reasonableness on the other side, you are wrong. The death blow is coming unless each of us does whatever we can to stop it.

If you shut up and do nothing, you are no better than GFSA.

User

I do all I can in my small little world.

And, I lay the blame squarely at the feet of media houses allowing misrepresentations of this nature.

Maybe GOSA needs to start another legal fund so they can take an Editor in Chief of a media publication to court and sue him for fraudulent misrepresentation or whatever.

I am not in law, so don't know if this is possible, but an example needs to be made.

User

Agree

User

Indeed.