I ordered the newly available AK Quad Mag (60 rounds) from Atlantic Firearms and received it in the mail six days later. It is made by a company called AC Unity out of Bosnia. Overall construction looks good, some type of reinforced waffle pattern polymer, tossed it around a bit and the feed lips didn't break. There are metal reinforcements at the mag catches front and rear.

First thing was checking what it would fit in and what it would not fit. I like the 7.62x39 ComBloc round and have quite a few rifles chambered for it. They all take AK mags but they are not all AK's. Romanian Draco pistol and WASR10 no problem. Arsenal SAM-7 and converted to SBR Arsenal SLR-107F also no problems with the fit of the magazine. There were two that didn't accept the Quad Mag an 8.5" barrelled PTR32 which basically looks like an H&K 32. Some of the Recce types on Gunsite may be familiar with the H&K 53, think H&K 53 in 7.62x39.

The other rifle it wouldn't fit was the 10"SBR SIG556xi Russian in 7.62x39.This is one of my favorite rifles, short, compact, folding stock,and accurate as hell. I have a Leupold 1.5x5 with a circle dot reticle mounted on it. Most AK mags fit it without any problems except for the 75 round drum mag. There is a bit of a shelf on the sides of the quad mag that prevent the magazine from seating fully.

As far as loading, no problem, easy at first and a bit of a challenge on #57+. I had two failures to feed on the first loading, one failure to feed on the second loading, no problems on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th loading. At this point I've only shot 300 rounds from it. It probably needs a few full loadings for full reliability of the internal spring action. This will be kept with the practice mags for the immediate future. If they work well I'll pick up another couple down the road.

That mag weighs about 3 lbs fully loaded or about 1.4kg. At this point I'm referring to just general handling of the firearm system. It felt better than having a 75 round drum hanging on the gun. Even just moving around felt "better" than carrying a drum. Eish!! Can't think of a better way to describe it. I haven't been back out to the range the past few days because of the rain. We have had a number of toad stranglers and I truely wish we could have sent some of it to Cape Town. I'm sure AK-Gunner will give a much more indepth evaluation after he has had a chance to try his out. I look forward to reading his insights.