User

Default A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”- Winston Churchill.

Bongani Bingwa from 702 apologizes to Ernst Roets and Afriforum for his false accusations!
    “In my conversation with Ernst Roets, I specifically used the phrase white genocide. I attributed it to Kallie Kriel, the CEO of Afriforum. And I insisted that this the phrase that Afriforum themselves have used.
    I have double checked the information that I have at my disposal and I do want to concede the point now, Afriforum did not use the phrase white genocide. In fact, from what I'm seeing now, they have gone out of their way to say the large scale of white farmers is not white genocide.
    Ernst Roets, I owe you an apology, Afriforum has not used the word white genocide. “ - Bongani Bingwa, Breakfast Show host”

http://www.702.co.za/articles/316863...appening-in-sa

User

Default Re: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pant

I know Bongani very well from working with him on Carte Blanche for over a decade. Yes he is a left leaning liberal, but I've always found him to be intelligent and open to rational debate. I think it says a lot that he is stepped up and issued an apology when so many journalists just carry on regardless nowadays

User

Default Re: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pant

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    I know Bongani very well from working with him on Carte Blanche for over a decade. Yes he is a left leaning liberal, but I've always found him to be intelligent and open to rational debate. I think it says a lot that he is stepped up and issued an apology when so many journalists just carry on regardless nowadays
    It's called being two-faced.

He went out of his way to NOT have a rational discussion with Ernst, he did not even listen to what Ernst had to say.
    So his goal during the interview was not being rational nor intelligent, his goal was to be underhanded and dishonest.
    To now come and apologize for a premeditated attack does not cut it, he has shown his true colors.

Just another journalist, nothing more.

User

Quote Originally Posted by avislog View Post
    “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”- Winston Churchill.
    We don't have liars in SA, lying means dishonesty, you cannot have dishonesty if you do not have the capacity to be honest in the first place.
    Lying is a western thing.

The anc can thank their lucky stars Churchill is not around to make some quotes about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It's called being two-faced.

He went out of his way to NOT have a rational discussion with Ernst, he did not even listen to what Ernst had to say.
    So his goal during the interview was not being rational nor intelligent, his goal was to be underhanded and dishonest.
    To now come and apologize for a premeditated attack does not cut it, he has shown his true colors.

Just another journalist, nothing more.

I agree with Messor. It was a pre-emptive strike to generate negative press against Afriforum. Only once Afriforum complained to the Ombud, who knows maybe they sent a lawyer's letter, has this guy repented. make no mistake, his repentance will not be covered much, but rather the stink created by his interview will be left to linger.

Whatever Afriforum may be, there is a clear effort in the media to discredit them no matter what they say or do. No doubt those in power are terrified of what Afrforum have to say.

There is no doubt they get the wrong end of the media rub.