Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Security industry regulator concerned about ‘warzone’ firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Military calibers are 9 x 19mm parabellum, .45 ACP, 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO, .50BMG. So basically that would leave us with 9 x 21 IMI, 380 ACP, .38 Special, .38 Super, and .223 Remington (please feel free to correct or add anything).
    Not even 223. The 222 is was directly developed where the 556 and by extension 223 are banned due to being military calibres. Although in the greater scheme of the comments made by the PSIRA this seems an irrelevant talking point.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

User

I don't think we should give the talking head from PSIRA too much credit for his ability to express in the spoken word, what his mind thinks are "military type weapons" / assault rifles. I am willing to bet good money this retard would not know or be able to guess the difference between .22WMR and .375 H&H.

He most likely meant to say "military type weapons" but his brain excreted "calibres" instead because he is a dumbfuck.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I don't think we should give the talking head from PSIRA too much credit for his ability to express in the spoken word, what his mind thinks are "military type weapons" / assault rifles. I am willing to bet good money this retard would not know or be able to guess the difference between .22WMR and .375 H&H.

He most likely meant to say "military type weapons" but his brain excreted "calibres" instead because he is a dumbfuck.
    Finally...

User

Quote Originally Posted by msw View Post
    Not even 223. The 222 is was directly developed where the 556 and by extension 223 are banned due to being military calibres. Although in the greater scheme of the comments made by the PSIRA this seems an irrelevant talking point.

The 222 Remington pre dates the 5.56 NATO or 223 Remington.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Drakensberger View Post
    The 222 Remington pre dates the 5.56 NATO or 223 Remington.
    Thanks for the correction. It is used where military calibres are banned for civilians though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by msw View Post
    Thanks for the correction. It is used where military calibres are banned for civilians though.

For sure, that is probably what has kept the trip two from disappearing into history. There are calibers though, that came into being as a result of bans, or restrictions on military calibres. The 470 NE and 8x60 come to mind.

I know we assume military style weapons was what was meant. But if the powers that be, passed such a ban on military calibers, then beside those already mentioned, there are a few that might end up in a grey area of such a law. Even popular hunting calibres like 300 Winchester Magnum and 22-250 have been used in military applications.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3