Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Fire arm not on dealers name

Ok so i have waited 4 months for my competency finally got it last week and super exited on my way to the DFO with my 2 applications for firearms..... an then... with a surprise my DFO does not want to take my applications because not one of them is in the name of dealer i bought it from (2 fire arms 2 different stores ) now what i am feeling so demoted now... does anybody have some advice for me.. BTW my DFO only see people on appointment so my next appointment is only end of October so another month gone hopefully I can sort this issue before then..

User

Default Re: Fire arm not on dealers name

Search the forum

Banned

I have the same issue🤬 my rifle application is submitted, my 9mm is not on the dealer’s name, now my dfo is holding back both applications. Additionally he has a huge chip on his shoulder and rarely in office and doing his job. Such fun! Hoping I will have my rifle by the beginning of next years hunting season. TIA
    Good luck.

User

I had the same issue, but my DFO processed the application (apparently something can be done on the system to allow the application to be put through). Still waiting for CFR, and by the looks of things it will be for a while (its a s16 SLR), but some DFO's will routinely process applications with delayed SAPS 350's. The gunshop I got my rifle at got the DFO from their region who does this all the time to phone the DFO from my town and explain the process...

User

I had the same issue, waited 37 days to get it into dealer stock, gun shop mailed CFR once a week, i mailed them every second day, eventually i contacted the importer as I was at the point where i was willing to try anything, they were very helpful, responded immediately, 3 days later the firearm was in dealer stock and i could apply for my license

User

Ag its such a mess all that the dealer does is mail CFR(i also mail them daily) and tells me all we can do is wait, obviously he is not to bothered about is as he has the money for the firearm which i bought in June already.. he also does not have a other one in stock which i can change out too.. just wish i knew someone at CFR but then again don't all of us wish that haha..

User

Quote Originally Posted by rpg007 View Post
    Ag its such a mess all that the dealer does is mail CFR(i also mail them daily) and tells me all we can do is wait, obviously he is not to bothered about is as he has the money for the firearm which i bought in June already.. he also does not have a other one in stock which i can change out too.. just wish i knew someone at CFR but then again don't all of us wish that haha..
    That is all the dealer can do.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    im not so sure about it i bought 2 firearms both had the same issue phoned the 2 dealers one phoned me back 4 hours later telling me that this has been sorted out phoned CFR and confirmed this so i don't know maybe they have a inside man at CFR or something

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    don't get me wrong i am not saying its his fault the firearm isn't on his name yet we all know CFR.. but when i bought the firearm in June i was still waiting for my competency maybe he could have checked then and saw this, not when i arrive at DFO 3 months later to find this out

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast