Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Sierra GameChangers

Quote Originally Posted by Hearties View Post
    BuT the imported bonded bullets have also become crazily expensive - the new price on .30 cal Accubonds here in the Cape is around R850 for 50!
    The price for the SGC 165gr bullets per 50 in the states is $26.10, in ZAR that is R371.
    The price for the SGC 165gr bullets per 100 in the states is $49.92, in ZAR that is R709.

If it sells here for R1400 then the price is exactly doubled.

The price for 165gr Nosler Accubond per 50 in the states is $37.45, in ZAR that is R532.

Having compared the accubond and gameking side by side, if I lived in the states I would shoot the SGC for normal deer hunting.
    In SA, well we pay too much, period, here making use of the local monolithic manufacturers makes more sense.

User

Default Re: Sierra GameChangerse

Some feedback on the performance of the 165gr Gamechangers in my 30-06 with a muzzle velocity of 2920fps. I can’t post any pics because none of the bullets were recovered but they accounted for various animals from Zebra at approx 180m to Springbok in excess of 300m with complete reliability. Exits on the Springbok “blad” shots were very emphatic and the Zebra went no more than 30m before toppling over. Overall they performed superbly and will be my go-to bullet for the Karoo from now on.

User

Some feedback on the performance of the 165gr Gamechangers in my 30-06 with a muzzle velocity of 2920fps. I can’t post any pics because none of the bullets were recovered but they accounted for various animals from Zebra at approx 180m to Springbok in excess of 300m with complete reliability. Exits on the Springbok “blad” shots were very emphatic and the Zebra went no more than 30m before toppling over. Overall they performed superbly and will be my go-to bullet for the Karoo from now on.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Just a question on the Zebra shot, shot placement and you did not mention an exit on the Zebra?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Just a question on the Zebra shot, shot placement and you did not mention an exit on the Zebra?
    Hi Messor,

Actually 2 zebra - one stallion and one mare. Both shots about an inch behind the top of the "triangle" - both pass-throughs. Exit wound between the size of a R2 and a R5 coin.

Cheers

User

Hi Messor,

Actually 2 zebra - one stallion and one mare. Both shots about an inch behind the top of the "triangle" - both pass-throughs. Exit wound between the size of a R2 and a R5 coin.

Cheers
    Unfortunately those are perfects shots that avoids big bone, still zebra are big animals, I thought the bullets would be found under the skin.
    The fact that they passed through means they retained a lot of weight.

The real test would be hitting big bone, so I wanted to tell you next time shoot poorer, but nah, well done.
    Keep us updated after future hunts.

User

Default Re: Sierra GameChangers

Yes, should have mentioned they were standing perfectly broadside.
    But I was still pleasantly surprised. Out to reasonable ranges I think they'll be a decent replacement for the Accubonds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2