Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Security f@ck up

Southpaw, without an indication where you are situated there is no way to get you in contact with relevant structures. Beams and lights and trip wires and whatever is not going to solve your problem. For any farm attack there is a reason. Either the believe that there is money or weapons to be found or in very limited cases some sort of revenge murder. Or just to spread fear (but I am not going into politics of farm attacks here, lets just keep it at crime level.) None of these in my opinion is fitting the MO currently described. You just say "been hit.?" Have "they" stolen things outside the house? Making a noise? Trying to break in or come into the house? Just observing your actions?

There is something else going on there. It is not a "normal" MO for a farm attack to take place.

By asking these questions here on Gunsite I get the impression you are not part of an organised farm watch / CPF / safety network group etc. If you were, they should be able to get and provide better info.

Get into contact with these type of structures and also do your part in area and community operations. The only way to stay safe is to be part of your community organisations, but that also means to take part and build relationships with those around you.

Forget ambushing etc. Get help form the right places. HPG, Afriforum, TLUSA, Oorgrens veiligheid/RSA Nood etc. Something is not right at your place.

User

Southpaw I will do a unofficial PIF and donate 2 x BangAlerts to you. You must just pay courier. These are the new ones made out of metal and not the old injection molded ones. I am currently in Kenya but I can get my Mother in law to ship them to you or you can arrange for a courier to collect? Please send me a pm to arrange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Roboguards for early warning, placed at potential ingress points. They won't know you have been alerted to their arrival. The rest is up to you. I have seen this system used for exactly this type scenario a number of times. It works!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Southpaw I will do a unofficial PIF and donate 2 x BangAlerts to you. You must just pay courier. These are the new ones made out of metal and not the old injection molded ones. I am currently in Kenya but I can get my Mother in law to ship them to you or you can arrange for a courier to collect? Please send me a pm to arrange.
    This is why I believe in this forum and the guys that make it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    About a year back I purchased the Bang Alert. Very Loud. But unless you walk fast into the trip wire your going to feel it easy if walking slow.
    As it takes a little tension to trip it.

Just a question. Do you have any dogs on the property?

Farmers I know in Philippi Cpt area where they have also huge issues with people coming onto their property.
    Have minimum 5 dogs and up. Various breeds. And in various locations around house.
    Strangely the biggest and smallest are literally at house.
    This.
    I have responded to probably 40 plus residential home invasions.
    Only 1 had real dogs, 2 ridgebacks. every other one did not have dogs...go figure.
    I have 5 dogs, all indoors ( 3 amstaffs, 2 weims )
    Never been bothered.
    all my neighbors have had a home invasion in last 3 years.

User

We were bothered by trespassing at least once a month. Got a pitbull and was never bothered again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    This.
    I have responded to probably 40 plus residential home invasions.
    Only 1 had real dogs, 2 ridgebacks. every other one did not have dogs...go figure.
    I have 5 dogs, all indoors ( 3 amstaffs, 2 weims )
    Never been bothered.
    all my neighbors have had a home invasion in last 3 years.
    +1
    I let mine sleep inside. Neighbours dogs got fed poison one night. Dogs inside ensure that the surprise factor is illiminated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AGreeff View Post
    Isn't it possible to arrange an ambush with the CPF/SAPS?
    I've tried and I feel they've honestly done their best under the circumstances. I report just about every incident and eventually asked them to run a few checks now and then... Well, they have a total of 2 working vehicles and are heavily underfunded and understaffed. Such is life, I guess.

User

Big John, we're in Lanseria.

Griffin, I appreciate it, thank you. The complication is making decisions that impact others, I know what I would do if it was only me...

Ds, I strongly suspect certain individuals however, I have no concrete evidence- only circumstantial. They're coming in on foot. We're quite close to a main road and our neighbour is not the best at repairing his fences. They also just cut them to come in any way. I've looked into better fencing, but it's pricey.

David, I shall do, thank you.

User

Ashley, that's what I'm worried about. I'm trying to get the family and other tenants to arm themselves, but it's an uphill battle and takes time.

Wildcoast, definitely going to look into it, thank you.

Thanks Hoodlum, really appreciate it, all have been reported!

In general, I think that cameras and the Bang Alert are a good starting point.

This is where it gets really odd: The main house (the one being hit) has TWELVE dogs... They don't seem to care, this is partly why I so strongly suspect that there's staff involved...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast